Thread: Need Help W/Tune

Tuner in Training

Need Help W/Tune

I have ls swapped my c10 that has a stand alone harness i put a btr stage 3 truck cam in it with a 2800 stall. I got it to idle after i put a new mass airflow sensor but i cant get it to take any idle any help would be greatly appreciated i have zero experience with gm stuff and im completely lost. Here is the tune file if someone could peek at it and point me in the right direction. Thanks C10 Base Tune File (start up)[9].hpt

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh5.0 View Post
    I got it to idle after i put a new mass airflow sensor but i cant get it to take
    translate this.
    can you get it started at all? and keep it running with your foot?
    if you can.. post a scan.
    i glanced at your tune you posted and it looks like basic idle tuning steps have been initiated hard to help you with so little info on what is going on..

Tuner in Training
    yes it will start and idle now but as soon as you hit the throttle it cuts out. here is a log i pulled on itdatalog after maf sensor.hpl

What's your fuel pressure?

Why do you not have o2 sensors working? Is the exhaust incomplete?

Pretty much impossible to tell what fueling is doing with o2 sensors or a wideband oxygen sensor installed.

Also your spark over/underspeed tables have too much swing, the stock tables work for a stock cam and not a big choppy cam. Lower the tables to +/- 8 degrees to stop the spark from swinging as well. Aim for 20-22 degrees of idle timing for starters too and make damn sure you have zero vacuum leaks.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    sorry i had my o2 unplugged on that log if i load the factory tune in it it takes throttle better than this revised tune that i uploaded on here that i paid a guy to tune it here is the other log i did before i tried unplugging it to see if it would run better datalog c10 2.hpl

Tuner in Training
    Here is the log i just pulled on the truck this is with everything hooked back upCurrent C10 Log.hplCurrent C10 Log.hpl

O2 sensor still isn't working in the "current" log. You also have codes P0133 and P0135 coming up for the sensors.

You didn't answer the fuel pressure or exhaust question yet.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    i dont know what the fuel pressure is currently but it was 58#s when we installed the new pump and tank the exhaust is ran to the mufflers but nothing after the mufflers

Tuner in Training
    when they did the stand alone harness they cut out the driver side o2 sensor

All I can say is why.

Without any idea what is going on with the fueling, there really isn't much more you can do. A wideband oxygen sensor is already something you need, so that is now going to be your only way to see what fueling is doing. Without working o2 sensors the MAF and VE tuning needs to be spot on for it to want to run correctly, there is no more self correction by the computer with fuel trims to try and get things in order if things were off.

Tuner in Training
    ok i have a wideband and an aem afr meter i will get it put in tomorrow. i appreciate your time

Tuner in Training
    i cant get my wideband to pick up on the scanner but here is a new log and the wideband is reading in the high 20sc10 datalog 2.hpl

Quote Originally Posted by Josh5.0 View Post
    i cant get my wideband to pick up on the scanner but here is a new log and the wideband is reading in the high 20sc10 datalog 2.hpl
    You are in the same spot you were 2 days ago when 5FDP replied.
    You have no o2 readings to create an error log from. And No Wideband reading either.
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer