Thread: how many cell hits in scanner

Tuner in Training

how many cell hits in scanner

I'm new to tuning...what is a good setting for cell hits in scanner when data logging. I currently have mine seat a 5. Is that too high?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwg86 View Post
    I'm new to tuning...what is a good setting for cell hits in scanner when data logging. I currently have mine seat a 5. Is that too high?
    Well what are you logging?
    For knock retard, 5 is too high. Set it to zero.
    For fuel trim, 5 is too low. Set it to 50 or 100.

Fortunately it is easy to change that anytime to see if the data drastically changes, so experiment to see what works best.

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    Fortunately it is easy to change that anytime to see if the data drastically changes, so experiment to see what works best.
    To expand on what that means, you can apply or change filters and hit counts and even entire charts/graphs after-the-fact, after the log is over. A .hpl logfile is ONLY the channel data. The charts/graphs/whatever else is applied to what's recorded from the channels.

And, if you log on a laptop and then review/edit on a different machine, your logging laptop doesn't need to have any charts/graphs running at all, which can help with processor load. Have all the fancy processing stuff only in the scanner on the editing machine.

There are many ways.
    I set it to 0 and drive over 1 hour for fuel trims. So you get enough data.