Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4L60E Shifting Way too Early

I don't know, but unless you can find a credible source that says those service numbers can interchange contrary to what GM says, I'd assume it's not compatible with the repository file you flashed.

You can get PCMs pre-flashed with a stock GM calibration for the VIN of your choice, using proper flashing tools (i.e. not a tuning tool like HPTuners), from places like ebay. Sample: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...rammed&_sop=10

Did you ever run/drive it when it still had the correct Express van file in it?

Why did you change the OS in the first place? Is there a reason you can't go back to the van file?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Did you ever run/drive it when it still had the correct Express van file in it?
    Run, yes. Drive, no. It idled horribly and threw about 20 or so DTC's

Why did you change the OS in the first place? Is there a reason you can't go back to the van file?
    The van file is for a 6.0L. I might be able to make it work but at the time I wasn't confident enough in my tuning abilities to take a crack at it. I know quite a bit is going to have to change between the 6.0L file to make it work for the 5.3L engine I have

You can copy over all tuning-related differences with about 4 clicks and 30 seconds of your time, if you have both files.

And just to be crystal clear, I do not know what if any compatibility issues there are between the two applications/service numbers and interchange between them, I'm only going off the fact they're calling for different service numbers. It might not be a waste of time to post in the Gen 3 section and see if somebody smarter than me knows what the real story is on what's different inside them.

Tuner in Training
    You can copy over all tuning-related differences with about 4 clicks and 30 seconds of your time, if you have both files.
    I do still have both files. I made a copy of what came off of the PCM originally before flashing in the file for the '05 Tahoe. What needs to be copied over?

Since there don't appear to be any major changes that would cause the shift timing thing (meaning, it's either something deeper into the code than what's shown in the GUI, or it's something incompatible between hardware and calibration), I'd probably start off by copying all differences into the correct Express van file. Open the Express file, open the Silverado (current) file as compare, hit CTRL+5, right click and Copy All Differences. Save as a new filename and then write entire.

Tuner in Training
    I did as you instructed, and it seems to have made a significant difference in the shifting pattern. I'm going to pull a log tomorrow on my way to work to see if anything significant has changed in the readings. I've also found its very sluggish on takeoff - is this something that can be dialed in? It's possible my TPS has to go through a relearn, amongst other things.

Tuner in Training
    From this morning's drive. Lacking power at launch - doesn't seem to have much in the way of power at WOT but seems to be shifting a bit more normally. Speedo also seems to be off a bit
    Attached Files Attached Files

You need to sort out the DTCs first. And post the files - the stock Express file and the one in it now.

Tuner in Training
    I'll post the files in the AM

In the meantime - I'm getting a new DTC; P0717 (Input/Turbine Speed Sensor “A” Circuit No Signal). I haven't seen this before when running the other files. I don't believe my 4L60E has an input speed sensor. I believe it just has a VSS but I'm going to double check just to be sure.

Your previous (Silverado) file has P0717 as No Error Reported. You need to go through the two files and make all the DTCs match what was in there before. When doing compare files, any DTC settings that differ will be outlined in green boxes.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by spectre1995 View Post
    I'll post the files in the AM

In the meantime - I'm getting a new DTC; P0717 (Input/Turbine Speed Sensor “A” Circuit No Signal). I haven't seen this before when running the other files. I don't believe my 4L60E has an input speed sensor. I believe it just has a VSS but I'm going to double check just to be sure.

P0717 can be disabled in my experience. No issues.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    So a little update on this -

Work got really busy and didn't have time to work on the truck. It's still having the same issue.

Is there anything really obvious I can look into that I might be overlooking?