Thread: Anyone run Hamilton camshaft in 2004.5 5.9 Cummins with 700+ horsepower with success?

Potential Tuner

Anyone run Hamilton camshaft in 2004.5 5.9 Cummins with 700+ horsepower with success?

Hi all,

I am looking for 650-700 rwhp on a 2004.5 5.9 Cummins, full mods, cam, stroker cp3, BBI injectors stg 1, s363 turbo, etc... Any of you guys pulled this off with HP Tuners? I have done 600 rwhp, 1200 ftlb torque with Smarty s06 as well as UDC on a lesser build, but like the parameters far better with HP Tuners and feel it is achievable...

Just wondering if you have an issues with Dteady state vs Transient, or any sort of timing issues while running for extended periods like I have.

Thanks in advance!

Banned
    Ran a Hamilton cam in my old 05 that was in the 700hp range. Nothing special or revolutionary about hp tuners in respect to a camshaft whatsoever, I did my tuning on the extremely old primitive Smarty UDC software for the Smarty S06 and the truck was a beast, twisting input shafts at highway speed. Not sure what you mean by timing issues running for extended periods of time.