Thread: Adding shift cut for 6 speed sequential.

Potential Tuner

Adding shift cut for 6 speed sequential.

Iv never seen it done before but would there be any way of adding a shift cut or torque reduction to a manual ls1 tune file. We're just rebuilding an engine at work for a race car (v8 supercar) but it runs a modified LS with stock engine management and uses a HTG 6 speed sequential dog box. I would like to add a strain gauge or something to sense gear shifts and add a shift cut or some sort of torque reduction for flat shifting on up shifts. I'm even considering adding a msd 2 step and using that to do it. Any one have any ideas?

Advanced Tuner
    Short answer: No

Long answer: No, unless you know someone that can write you a custom OS modification that can somehow detect a shift is in progress and either pull timing or otherwise impose some sort of torque limit while this is happening.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by osmike View Post
    Iv never seen it done before but would there be any way of adding a shift cut or torque reduction to a manual ls1 tune file. We're just rebuilding an engine at work for a race car (v8 supercar) but it runs a modified LS with stock engine management and uses a HTG 6 speed sequential dog box. I would like to add a strain gauge or something to sense gear shifts and add a shift cut or some sort of torque reduction for flat shifting on up shifts. I'm even considering adding a msd 2 step and using that to do it. Any one have any ideas?
    There is a box that exist out there that taps into the pedal and I think ignition. Blip box? IDK. I was doing some cars with sequential transmissions for a shop. They were using them. I'd call those guys to find out but ended on bad terms when I caught them putting my tune into other cars. :/
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs