Thread: E38 Truck Norris file

Tuner in Training

E38 Truck Norris file

Anyone have a file with this cam I can use as a base for my 09 Silverado.

Thanks

Potential Tuner
    I'm working up a tune for a 07 6.0 l76 with the same cam, I'll keep ya posted.

Potential Tuner
    I have a fresh 6.0 Cathedral motor ready to install in my truck, with a truck Norris cam, so I'll be paying attention too

Potential Tuner
    Yes, I have one. From an 09 sierra.

Potential Tuner
    Please share��
    [email protected]

Potential Tuner
    Which part of the tune are you having trouble with? Id prefer to give guidance over just giving out a tune. If you would like to share with me a version of your tune I can try to guide you in where you trouble areas are. It took a lot of trail and error and a ton of research to get it right. That cam was a tricky one for me.

Potential Tuner
    Honestly, I haven't installed the new motor in the truck yet, so no tuning at all. Looking for examples of which parameters to work on.
    I'm also new to HPtuners, and stock ECU tuning, and it is intimidating.
    I would have zero trouble tuning this on a stand alone ECU.

Potential Tuner
    Oh. I see. I own hp, efi, and fast tuner software/hardware if you can do stand alone tunning I cant imagine you having any trouble using hp tuners they are very user friendly. Save your stock tune and never alter that copy when you open it do a save as and rename immediately. Between you tube and the forums there's tons info out there. Once you get going with it if you get stuck somewhere just reach out and ask. I think there's a whole how to do a tune from start to finish that can give you the steps and what to start changing on the forum somewhere.

Tuner in Training
    I have a 05 tahoe z71 & 05 suburban z71. all stock motor, transmission, camshaft swap with truck norris. where do i start? do i start with ve tables? maf tuning? i have idle set at 750. i can upload files if needed. any help would be appreciated