I have a 2000ish LS1/4L60e combo in my 58 Chevy Apache and its working well.

I previously hooked up the factory power/eco button from the donor car which supplies a momentary signal to the factory PCM blue 71 connector.
When I press the button VCM Scanner shows ?Trans Shift Mode? changes from ?Normal shift? to ?Perf Shift? and back with each depression of the button so I know its working. It helps that by default the PCM starts in ECO mode no matter where you left it (eco or power). From that, I had a friend of mine create a small latching circuit to turn the lamp in the switch on or off and this is working well. This can be seen working from between 2 - 3.5 minutes in this Video

I was now wanting to do the same thing with the traction control function or PCM Red 53 connector.
From what I understand this circuit wants an earth signal while active at which time it retards timing.
I assume it has something to do with stability control or abs and when the wheels are spinning something supplies an earth which retards timing to stop you skidding???
My old chev has none of that fancy stuff but I have been thinking which is bad?..

Question 1)
What field (ie "trans shift mode" for power/eco) am I looking for in VCM Scanner to check that red 53 has an earth signal or not
(or)
Does the PCM just pull a table meaning I need to scan the total timing while running the engine, supply an earth and look for a timing retard?

If its the second option is there a specific table it pulls to do this ???

thanks in advance.