Thread: 03 rail pressure correction problem

Tuner

03 rail pressure correction problem

So Ive been fighting this rail pressure correction for a couple days now and I cant seem to figure out how it works. It started with stock correction tables and it was not following the pressure commanded in the tables. Should be 130mpa it was showing 150mpa in the log. Ive tried zeroing the multiplier tables for ECT in 100-225F and 170-180f in the IAT and it wouldnt exceed 50mpa. Ive tried zeroing the adder tables for ECT and IAT and same result no more than 50mpa. Ive tried putting 1 in all the tables. Ive tried 1 in the multiplier, and stock in the adder, tried stock in the adder, 1 in the multiplier. Ive tried 5 in the multiplier tables with 1 in the ECT adder and stock in the IAT adder (no more than 69mpa).
    I also might add that when the correction is giving me problems it is also riding on the boost limiter and I was told there may be a hidden table that is adding rail pressure. I do not know where else to go it does not seem to make any sense to me.
    Also when I use the stock correction tables I can view whats in the tables and it seems to add up. For example in one area it supposed to be 150mpa (see image Attachment 122544) and in log it shows 169mpa (Attachment 122543) and in the correction table for 190F ECT and 40F IAT it shows 1.3 in the correction and shows 15mpa in the 2900/90mm3 range (see picture Attachment 122545) 1.3x15+150=169mpa.
    IMG_7320.JPGIMG_7319.JPGIMG_7318.JPGIMG_7317.JPG

Tuner in Training
    Need to see your log
    Are you logging the correction reasons??
    2003 ram 3500
    nv4500
    he351
    tdm stage 1 injectors (25% over)
    S&B Intake
    Flo Pro Exhaust

Tuner
    I am logging the main fuel correction reason and timing correction reasons. I have tried many different combinations of rail pressure correction settings. The most recent being stock adder tables and 5 in the multi tables. Seems to work good till it hits boost limit at 99mm3. When it hits boost limit the pressure shoots way up, to my maximum i have it set to 160mpa (when it should not be that high at 99mm3) and then when boost limit is released and it goes to full full (140mm3) the pressure drops way down to like 140mpa.railpressurecorrectionissue.hpl

Tuner in Training
    do you have enough cp3 for your injectors? i'm seeing a drop in pressure when your injector start to open up some

Attachment 122613

i had issues in colder weather with adder tables this is what i set mine to and havent had any issues since making these changes

Screenshot (18).png

condensed channels.Channels.xml
    try logging with these channels i found that having the total fuel rate helped me with where in the tune to look at making changes and you can see when you hit your boost limit fueling as well

what is all done to the truck??
    2003 ram 3500
    nv4500
    he351
    S&B Intake
    Flo Pro Exhaust

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by abgreenmachine View Post
    do you have enough cp3 for your injectors? i'm seeing a drop in pressure when your injector start to open up some

Attachment 122613

i had issues in colder weather with adder tables this is what i set mine to and havent had any issues since making these changes

Screenshot (18).png

condensed channels.Channels.xml
    try logging with these channels i found that having the total fuel rate helped me with where in the tune to look at making changes and you can see when you hit your boost limit fueling as well

what is all done to the truck??
    No I am not talking about the actual pressure not keeping up with desired. I do need to make some changes to the dc table. Its a single 14mm pump with 250% injectors. There is an issue that Im having when the boost limiter turns on it automatically adds 20mpa (2,964psi) to the commanded rail pressure not actual. It commands 20mpa more than whats in my table. Yes I am logging total fuel rate and boost limit

Tuner in Training
    the tables you're trying to change have nothing to do with boost they are effected by atmospheric pressures and intake and coolant temps when those tables are in use the master fuel correction will say: coolant temp or intake air temp or BARO any time Boost P.F is in play i've found that the boost pressures tables were to blame

i ask about the fuel rate since it didnt show in the log that you posted
    ex of mine with total fuel rate
    Screenshot (20).png

id be looking at the boost pressure tables that actually use boost to correct fuel pressure
    Attachment 122623
    2003 ram 3500
    nv4500
    he351
    S&B Intake
    Flo Pro Exhaust

Tuner
    No im not sure you understand what I am saying. Yes I understand correction tables, not sure which ones you have but I only have ect and iat correction tables. And iat has a baro axis but it is not boost. if you look at the table here Screenshot (5).png and in the log here it is pretty close to whats in the table Screenshot (6).png but see once it hits boost limit he pressure increases tremendously Screenshot (8).pngScreenshot (7).png

Tuner
    can you please show where the boost pressure tables are?

Tuner in Training
    Screenshot (19).png
    this is were i would be looking at
    its the only table that i'm aware of that will affect fueling based on boost
    might be hitting a limit that's making go to 159 mm3 even though you aren't commanding it
    2003 ram 3500
    nv4500
    he351
    S&B Intake
    Flo Pro Exhaust

Tuner
    yes lol I aware of that table im using it in my tune to control fuel rate at low boost. And you are exactly right, when it hits that limit it automatically adds pressure for some reason. Its making it go to 159MPA even tho im not commanding it. Not mm3, not sure if that what you meant or...

Tuner in Training
    yea that's what i meant. i use the same table to control smoke on the low end. never had a spike like what you're having. i've noticed on a few tunes on this forum that i've looked at that some guys have the override qty set to 159.99mm3 (not to sure what you have yours set to) so i wonder if that could have anything to do with it
    i have mine set to 0 (same as factory) and seems to be working and follows what my rail pressure table is set to. to me it has to be something in that area

i've played with the other tables you were talking about in your first post and correction reasons were either, coolant temp, intake air temp or BARO.
    2003 ram 3500
    nv4500
    he351
    S&B Intake
    Flo Pro Exhaust

Tuner
    yea im not sure my override is not set. I am willing to try and mess with the correction tables again but everytime I do it messes up my rail pressure. Commanding 69mpa or 25mpa max. I have 20mpa in my iat adder table maybe thats where I get plus 20mpa over my commanded.