Thread: Log information changes after save

I searched and didn't find anything on this.

Been noticing a weird issue watching my laptop while logging, sometimes some of the histograms and graphs I log will show flat-out wrong data, histograms with show either 0s or wildly absurd numbers like -100.
    After I save the log so a flash drive and either reopen on my laptop or desktop the data seems to populate cells normally.
    I'm assuming this is probably an issue with the laptop itself not being able to handle the maths?

using vcm 4.12, wired MPVI, windows 10 on a older Lenovo laptop 8gb ram and a AMD A10 cpu
    08 G8 GT
    SUM-8715R1, SW catless LTs, VCM OTR.

I've noticed the same. And I tend to make to make tune changes before closing the log file . So I've been making inaccurate changes and chasing my tail with unexpected swings in results. Surprised no comments on this. I'll have to check if it does it in beta and stable or just one of them

Post your log and VCM Scanner layout for review.

It's likely the way you're plotting the data that is causing the discrepancy.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

It would be great to have a layout repository. Maybe specific to Make/model, Gen, idle/cruise/WOT, trans, etc etc

Tuner in Training
    I'm also experiencing similar behavior + some other weirdness.

1. I experience the drastic differences in the data shown pre-save vs post-save in tables that contain expression filters. Literally night and day results.

2. I've also noticed that if I have two tables plotting the same data points (with no filters applied), table 2 will be missing a few frames of data pre-save, but post-save it catches up and matches table 1.

I'm able to see this visually as the count for cells is off by 1-2 at the max, and then they match after saving and re-opening.

I plan on grabbing video recordings, screenshots, and uploading my config.

Is there a formal way to submit bugs / open issues for this type of behavior?

I'm a Software QA by trade so want to ensure I can provide as much detail as possible. Thanks!

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bdevlin View Post
    I'm also experiencing similar behavior + some other weirdness.

1. I experience the drastic differences in the data shown pre-save vs post-save in tables that contain expression filters. Literally night and day results.

2. I've also noticed that if I have two tables plotting the same data points (with no filters applied), table 2 will be missing a few frames of data pre-save, but post-save it catches up and matches table 1.

I'm able to see this visually as the count for cells is off by 1-2 at the max, and then they match after saving and re-opening.

I plan on grabbing video recordings, screenshots, and uploading my config.

Is there a formal way to submit bugs / open issues for this type of behavior?

I'm a Software QA by trade so want to ensure I can provide as much detail as possible. Thanks!
    Enter a support ticket is the formal HPT way to resolve issues.