Thread: Might need new 8hp70?

Might need new 8hp70?

So, have a supercharged 2015 Scat, and my A8 is throwing incorrect gear ratio codes in two gears. The fluid is burnt smelling, and I'm going to change it if it can still be saved. there isn't any metal in it. The trans was tuned before I got it, but I think it was tuned for max effort. It never shifted very good under part throttle. If I got it retuned properly, and changed the fluid/filter; do you think it could be salvageable? I've been looking for a used one, but I can't find any. They are either for 2018 and up, or for a 5.7. I can't even find what the part number is for the 6.4 8hp70. Are the 5.7 and 6.4 A8's the same just different tuning? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Advanced Tuner
    All of the 8hp70's are the same other than operating software and the trucks have a different output shaft.

If you're getting any slip during shifts, I doubt you will have any luck with a fluid change. Even if you do, I would expect it to be short lived.

Might want to look at a 8HP90 used in the 6.2L Supercharged Dodge vehicles. Higher torque rating 900Nm, compared to the 8HP70's at 700Nm
    '22 Durango Blackout R/T+

Tuner
    not having a proper tune for firmer shifts is a very common mistake.
    If you overdue it, you will burn your transmission. If you under due it (fill & pressure), it will cause slip.

In case you still need remote tune support, let me know.

Dodge Boy
    (YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAl...jzHdK8B9m1Z2lQ)