Thread: 2016 Q50 VR30DDTT Unsupported ecu?

Potential Tuner

2016 Q50 VR30DDTT Unsupported ecu?

Anyone else run into this issue?
    Attempted a read on a 2106 Q50 the other day and after a few attempts I got it to read using the 331 method. When saving the file I got the Checksum error and the no definition error when trying to open the read file. Sent a request to support as directed and the reply was they are unable to support this particular application.

Support ticket #56486
    Vehicle/VCM info
    Beta 4.11 Editor
    Controller SH_7253_331
    OS 5CW4A

Is this something that can be worked around by changing OS/software or did I get an oddball ecu?

Thought maybe I did the read wrong but again I?m unsure what exactly is making this an unsupported application

Open to any and all suggestions

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DrSubaru View Post
    Anyone else run into this issue?
    Attempted a read on a 2106 Q50 the other day and after a few attempts I got it to read using the 331 method. When saving the file I got the Checksum error and the no definition error when trying to open the read file. Sent a request to support as directed and the reply was they are unable to support this particular application.

Support ticket #56486
    Vehicle/VCM info
    Beta 4.11 Editor
    Controller SH_7253_331
    OS 5CW4A

Is this something that can be worked around by changing OS/software or did I get an oddball ecu?

Thought maybe I did the read wrong but again I?m unsure what exactly is making this an unsupported application

Open to any and all suggestions

Thanks!
    Just means we don't have a definition for that file specifically yet, but since it's not a new definition it's a fairly quick process. If you haven't already just send in a support ticket and the turnaround time is pretty quick

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by evan.s@hptuners View Post
    Just means we don't have a definition for that file specifically yet, but since it's not a new definition it's a fairly quick process. If you haven't already just send in a support ticket and the turnaround time is pretty quick
    I assumed this was the case, i have submitted a ticket (Support Ticket #56486) and was told the application was unsupported. Could you check my ticket and get the file defined, as i know its a supported ECU

can i see the file you have? i have a 2016 q50 RS400 and cant find any file to base my tune on