Thread: 2004 Mustang GT new engine

Tuner in Training

2004 Mustang GT new engine

I have a couple questions regarding my current tune.
    1. Engine-Fuel-General-Reference Angle-Intake Valve Open: 348.50 Does this mean when the valve moves off the seat, or when it's open .050"?
    2. Engine-Fuel-Oxygen Sensors-Long Term Fuel Trims-LTFT Bank vs Cylinder # Should cylinders 1-8 be assigned to Banks? Should the banks be numbered 1,2? 0,1? 0,2?
    ...regards, kevin

Tuner in Training
    Hi Kevin, thanks for using HPTuners hardware and software. Maybe you've already figured out the answers to your questions without assistance, but if not, here are a couple hints:

1. "Engine-Fuel-General-Reference Angle-Intake Valve Open: 348.50 Does this mean when the valve moves off the seat, or when it's open .050"?"
    Answer: nobody knows, or if someone does, they don't want to share that information. Keep looking, or just use any number and post your results.

2. "Engine-Fuel-Oxygen Sensors-Long Term Fuel Trims-LTFT Bank vs Cylinder # Should cylinders 1-8 be assigned to Banks? Should the banks be numbered 1,2? 0,1? 0,2?"
    Answer: nobody knows, or if someone does, they don't want to share that information. Keep looking, or just use any number and post your results.

Someday you might get somewhere, who knows? ...regards, kevin

Tuner in Training
    Two weeks ago, i decided to take a chance on the first question. I set "Engine-Fuel-General-Reference Angle-Intake Valve Open" to 356 degrees. This is where the cam card says the intake valve (#1 cylinder) should be open .050. So far, i don't notice any difference from when this setting was 348.5 degrees. The valve actually starts to move off the seat at about 336 degrees. ...regards, kevin