Thread: LT4 output shaft speed sensor

LT4 output shaft speed sensor

No speed reading on a LT4/Tremec TKX trans swap in a 69' Camaro. The TKX trans has an older style 5th gen Camaro output speed sensor with the matching connector on the aftermarket harness. Looking at my 2017 Camaro m6, it has a different style 3 wire hall effect sensor which matches up with the C7 and 6th gen Camaro wiring diagrams I have. Anyone know if adjustments can be made to the speedo hardware settings to get the e92 pcm to read a two wire sensor? It looks like GM uses the older sensor with the Connect and Cruise LT1 kits. Maybe one you guys has a stock file from one of those kits?

Quote Originally Posted by 32vape View Post
    No speed reading on a LT4/Tremec TKX trans swap in a 69' Camaro. The TKX trans has an older style 5th gen Camaro output speed sensor with the matching connector on the aftermarket harness. Looking at my 2017 Camaro m6, it has a different style 3 wire hall effect sensor which matches up with the C7 and 6th gen Camaro wiring diagrams I have. Anyone know if adjustments can be made to the speedo hardware settings to get the e92 pcm to read a two wire sensor? It looks like GM uses the older sensor with the Connect and Cruise LT1 kits. Maybe one you guys has a stock file from one of those kits?
    Here you go.
    CPP_LT4_Crate_19368841.hpt
    -Greg
    2009 Maverick Silver G8 GXP M6 - 586hp
    Engine Mods: TVS 2300 Magnacharger ARH 1 7/8" long tubes with catted x-pipe
    Drivetrain Mods: Ram Dual Disc Clutch
    Suspension Mods: Pedders/Wretched basic drag pack - BMR trailing arms
    Misc Mods: Jamesbiz Catch can - GRRRR8 Heater hose relo kit