Thread: Issue with MPVI2 SUITE AND SCANNER

Tuner in Training

Issue with MPVI2 SUITE AND SCANNER

Hey guys, so currently i am having a lot of issues with my mvpi2 and getting it to connect to my car or even being able to read/scan

when trying to read/scan/flash a tune onto my car i get "A firmware update for the interface is required to use some or more of the latest features with this version of software.." it will begin to update then fail with a status saying "Status: Firmware update failed. Device State: In Bootloader Mode" and it also provides a few rules that have not helped me. the list is below.

Do not disturb the PC or interface during the update. The update can take a couple of minutes to complete/

If the update fails. please unplug the interface from the PC and then plug it back in. wait 10 seconds then try to connect again (tried this multiple times with no success)

if you are having problems with the update process:

Plug the interace into the PC but not the vehicle. (tried this multiple times aswell)
    Unplug all other USB devices from the PC. (Don't have anything other than the power cable and the mvpi2 plugged in.)

Try the update with a different PC. (same thing, i even factory reset my PC to try and fix it, still nothing)

To this point i am pretty frustrated, i have also downloaded the drivers and installed them hoping it would fix it.
    Last edited by Antichristv6; 07-22-2022 at 05:18 PM.

What is "my car"?

Tuner in Training
    It’s a 2016 camaro, i have used hptuners many times in the past, but suddenly now it keeps saying the interface is outdated

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I'm sorry you're having troubles and we'd love to help you. Have you already opened up a support ticket? If so, do you have your ticket number so that we can review the status? If not, please open a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Your request (57218) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Looks like you put that ticket in late on friday, its in one of our support techs work in queue and you should hear from them today.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"