Thread: Crank relearn-Vehicle Must Not Have Diagnostic Faults roadblock

Crank relearn-Vehicle Must Not Have Diagnostic Faults roadblock

Background: 2011 Corvette LS3; 99 Camaro 4L60E, Speartech harness, E67/T42.

No matter what I have tried, I cannot get past the diagnostic fault error. I always have P0315 and often P0300 (Random Misfire). They both clear fine but come back soon after. I'm sure 315 will go away if I can successfully run the Relearn procedure and am hopeful P0300 will as well.

I'm not sure what else could be causing the fault message. Is there a list of parameters this procedure wants to see somewhere I can compare to?

I know one thing is above 150 temp. It was throughout many attempts throughout the day. Just not in the sample pic attached.

I'd appreciate any insight/help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Those codes will not stop a CKP's successful relearn. Make sure you are following the prompts exactly. Many will fault if you press the brake pedal during KOEO prior to relearn. Most will require a park brake signal showing park brake applied. Also will need a brake signal (brakes applied) to perform the snap throttle. Accessories off.

Unfortunately, doing it in HPT you get no prompts at all, it's completely blind. The GM software handles it much better.

The thing is, there's no service manual info for what it needs to see after it's got a custom harness and tune with who-knows-what disabled. You could have one single code disabled that it needs to see as having run and passed in order to enable the relearn, which is something the service manual can't account for or warn against.

Thanks for the replies. No parking brake signal. The brake pedal is provisioned into the harness. It would be nice if the error message said the specific fault.

I'd imagine even if I could find a way to get my hands on a tech 2, it still would not allow it to start.

There has to be an order of operations for the procedure to even allow to begin.

Yeah but at least the Tech2 would tell you: **PARK BRAKE NOT APPLIED** or whatever. Then you would know what condition is not being met - find the park brake pin and ground it or apply B+ or whatever it requires. Without knowing, how do you make it work? How do you know what it isn't happy with?

True. That would be ideal. Very expensive tool I see.

I do have a support ticket in FWIW. To add the feature, I'd imagine they had to know some of the background, requirements, etc.

Tried a buddy's older Snap On Solus. While more wordy as far as what's next, same result. Diagnostic Fault Code present.