Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help idle tuning

Advanced Tuner
    That's a know effect called rich after reflash. It has to do with your injector tip temp tables. But you can't zero those tables out because it will cause it to have even worse issues. Drive it around until the tip temp comes down below correction temp. Then resume data logging. If your injector tip temp is set to 140, log data below that.

So im working with the VVE and there seems to be alot of spikes in the 3d chart after flashing in a few times. I know it is supposed to be smooth and that theres alot of ways to smooth it out efficiently, but how would you go about smoothing?sd5.hpt Heres a file with the spikes. The open loop chart is my attempt at smoothing, the closed loop chart is the original.
    Last edited by Z107; 08-08-2022 at 11:10 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Both open and closed should be the same. I don't know how to smooth and blend as well as some of the more advanced users here, but I just calculate by percentage, calc coefficients and then smooth the whole table a few times, and add 2% back into the whole table. Rinse and repeat. Once you're around 5% or under rich/lean on your logs. Move to maf.

Anything special for the maf tables, or is it the same process? %half->smooth->add2%

Advanced Tuner
    Nah, the table is completely different. I personally just multiply by half each time. If it starts to go too lean in a spot or two, I may add 1 or 2% back into the whole thing until I get a smooth graph with +/- 2%

So i have a pro link on the way, what variables do i need to look out for when tuning WOT. For instance injector temps.

Advanced Tuner
    You don't need a pro link with the AEM 03-0334 wideband. Nothing special to know really. Just use the wideband data for WOT.

Oh yeah im aware, i have an AEM with the blue and white wiring that you have to solder into a bunch of other things. Thought id buy this for the solution to that since it just plugs into the side of the mpvi2pro. As for the tuning, i heard that eq ratios can mess with my data if they arent changed. My wideband currently is bouncing up and down from 14.2 to 15.4 at idle, so id assume thats whats causing it unless im wrong. The bung for the o2 is after the resonators(almost halfway down the pipe where the cats should be) and all i have is pipe so it should read correctly unless im wrong again.

Advanced Tuner
    Tune in lambda. Then it won't matter what fuel you use, and it's easier. No it will not mess anything up. You should have you wideband near the collectors, not downstream if you can help it. They will read slightly richer, farther down the exhaust. They need the heat, so closer the better. Wideband data bouncing around could be numerous things. Start by getting the fueling dialed in.

Oh well its not that far from the collectors. Right after the collectors is my resonator and wideband. Id say the wideband is about 12 inches from the collectors right behind the resonator. Not sure how rich that will read but i just logged my first run using afr error. Can say it feels better to be using wideband to tune, however i think it may be reading the incorrect information. When i first start the car the wideband reads at 13.0, whereas the scanner says its lean. Eventually after running for a minute it reads rich on both ends but shouldnt it be reading rich on both ends no matter what since the wideband is an external data gatherer? Another thing i was wondering was if the injector temp matters now that im reading through a wideband? If not that would be amazing, but i doubt it. I will post logs here in another reply.

sdafr1.hplsdafr1.hpt

These are what i just logged from cold start. The Log was reset and the start was lost but the principle is still there. The Scanner reads lean at idle however it shows as 13.0 on the wideband. All i changed on the editor was failing the maf, shutting off o2 readiness by setting to 450 and turning off ltft min and max temp, shut of dfco and cfco, and COT. I know i forgot to turn off dynamic airflow but if the maf is failed will it still draw from the maf?. Also ive been told to use eq ratio error instead of afr error, however when i try this the values never show up. I assume its something im missing in the channel list but im unsure what it is.

I'm having an issue with dips in the 3d chart for vve. Right at idle there is a dip thats far lower than the surrounding graph. What would i do to prevent dips or solve the dip problem? sdafr5.hptsdafr5.hpl