Thread: Seeing if someone can look over this tune on 2006 GTO I recently purchased...

Potential Tuner

Seeing if someone can look over this tune on 2006 GTO I recently purchased...

I purchased a 2006 GTO M6 a couple weeks ago. From what I gathered from the previous owner through the dealer I bought it from, it has the following mods:

Texas Speed Torquer V2 Cam
    Texas Speed Pushrods and Double Valve Springs and Retainers
    ARP Head Bolts
    X Air OTR Intake
    Unknown brand of LT Headers, has welded on plate with name but it is up against a part of the engine bay where you can see there is a name plate there but can't see the actual name.
    SLP Loudmouth V2 Exhaust
    Solid Motor Mounts

I drove it 4.5 hours back home, mostly interstate, and had no issues and got a nice almost 23mpg. The next day after sitting in some construction traffic for a good bit of time, check engine light came on. Was a P0507 code. I cleared the code the next morning and it came back on in the afternoon. It seems to run good and strong, but am trying to figure it out. As far as I've checked, no vacuum leak issues that I know of. I replaced some PCV hoses that were cracked, then cleared the DTC again and later in the afternoon it came back on. If someone can look over this tune, as the only info of who tuned it was someone probably close to the Jacksonville, FL area as that's where the car has been most of it's life. Let me know if anything stands out in the tune as to what could be causing the DTC or if there is anything else of concern. Thanks!
    Last edited by bwl101; 07-24-2022 at 12:26 AM.
    2006 GTO CGM M6
    X Air OTR Intake
    Unknown brand of LT Headers
    SLP Loudmouth V2 Exhaust

2007 TBSS 3SS 2WD
    SLP Dual Exit Exhaust w/ Cutout
    Granatelli Wires, IEATSRT8 CAI and HSRK
    LS1 Cooling Fans w/ PCMForLess Kit, Lingenfelter 160 Degree Thermostat
    HP Tuners
    Addco F/R Sway Bars
    350.0 RWHP 360.60 RWTQ
    More to come...
    Best of: 13.309 @ 103.10mph 1/4 Mi.

I got a 05 goat,so I'll help alittle. I think your adaptive idle settings are too high. Proportional and integral is set to 220rpms. Should be lower, mine is 50 and 25. Idle speed min vs. vehicle speed should bump up smoothly, yours is basically flat. Your final idle airflow minimum seems high. I have a 427 and your is higher than mine. In base idle spark, you don't need 27/30 degrees in the top righthand corner. Bring those down. In your IAT spark you can add a degree or 2 back in all the rows starting at 113 and higher. I have the x air also. The tube tends to heat soak at idle. In your startup airflow, you have negative numbers in the cold areas. In your log, your O2's aint reading. Try getting those working. Also add injector pulse width, your knock retard doesn't seem to be reading also. Just a few things I noticed...probably not the issue.
    2005 gto A4
    Darton sleeved 427, prc ls3 heads, custom cam 243/257
    Fti 3400 triple disc convertor
    553/555 N/A 839/823 nitrous on hub dyno

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bwl101 View Post
    I purchased a 2006 GTO M6 a couple weeks ago. From what I gathered from the previous owner through the dealer I bought it from, it has the following mods:

Texas Speed Pushrods and Double Valve Springs and Retainers
    ARP Head Bolts
    X Air OTR Intake
    Unknown brand of LT Headers, has welded on plate with name but it is up against a part of the engine bay where you can see there is a name plate there but can't see the actual name.
    SLP Loudmouth V2 Exhaust
    Solid Motor Mounts

I drove it 4.5 hours back home, mostly interstate, and had no issues and got a nice almost 23mpg. The next day after sitting in some construction traffic for a good bit of time, check engine light came on. Was a P0507 code. I cleared the code the next morning and it came back on in the afternoon. It seems to run good and strong, but am trying to figure it out. As far as I've checked, no vacuum leak issues that I know of. I replaced some PCV hoses that were cracked, then cleared the DTC again and later in the afternoon it came back on. If someone can look over this tune, as the only info of who tuned it was someone probably close to the Jacksonville, FL area as that's where the car has been most of it's life. Let me know if anything stands out in the tune as to what could be causing the DTC or if there is anything else of concern. Thanks!
    The base airflow is a bit high and the idle adaptive spark control is limited in how much timing it can pull to get the idle down. This is likely a reason for your code. The adaptive idle stuff looks suspect too.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Potential Tuner
    I tried to get the KR to show, but not sure if it is. I got the O2 to show and added the injector pulse width.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2006 GTO CGM M6
    X Air OTR Intake
    SLP Loudmouth V2 Exhaust

2007 TBSS 3SS 2WD
    HP Tuners
    Addco F/R Sway Bars
    350.0 RWHP 360.60 RWTQ
    More to come...
    Best of: 13.309 @ 103.10mph 1/4 Mi.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    The base airflow is a bit high and the idle adaptive spark control is limited in how much timing it can pull to get the idle down. This is likely a reason for your code. The adaptive idle stuff looks suspect too.
    Glad you commented, was actually going to contact you as I was planning on getting you to work on it.
    2006 GTO CGM M6
    X Air OTR Intake
    SLP Loudmouth V2 Exhaust

2007 TBSS 3SS 2WD
    HP Tuners
    Addco F/R Sway Bars
    350.0 RWHP 360.60 RWTQ