Thread: Does Scanner read readiness status?

Tuner

Does Scanner read readiness status?

I believe I saw threads where HPT scanner would show readiness status. My car failed emissions with two errors still showing, evap and 1 other. I would like to be sure that all readiness tests have passed b4 going back to emissions test center..

Suggestions welcome or copies of older version of HPT scanner that will allow me to see readiness status..

Tuner
    Yes. Connect to the vehicle but do not start the scanner, Then read DTC's You should be able to see the readiness status if you start the scanner they wont come up.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokedOutZ28 View Post
    Yes. Connect to the vehicle but do not start the scanner, Then read DTC's You should be able to see the readiness status if you start the scanner they wont come up.
    Thanks. I'll try it!! Accessory mode or start vehicle? Makes no difference?

Tuner
    Ok. Hooked up scanner, went to "diagnostics and info, read DTCs and no DTCs shown in either panel. I assume lower panel would display emissions readiness status if evap for example was NOT ready!

Tuner
    open scanner and Under vehicle select connect. Then From there read the DTC's. You will need the Key on or Engine Running... The lower panel will show readiness status and monitors. I'm not sure what vehicle you are running but I've been doing it this way for the last week to make sure mine set for the same reason.

Tuner
    I'm driving 2015 Corvette..