Thread: 98 L31 Black Box Tuning

Tuner in Training

98 L31 Black Box Tuning

Hello...somewhat new,been around these pages for some years but never post. I bought a 98 K1500 L31 5.7 350 with 4L60E trans. Currently stock and having issues with the EGR valve. I have an egr delete plate for it but know the timing tables will have to be changed to accomodate for knock and detonation. Everybody likes to do the 0411 swaps and Id like to tune with the factory black box pcm thats an the truck for the time being. Anybody here have experience with the black box pcm's that could give advice?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LS4PWR View Post
    Hello...somewhat new,been around these pages for some years but never post. I bought a 98 K1500 L31 5.7 350 with 4L60E trans. Currently stock and having issues with the EGR valve. I have an egr delete plate for it but know the timing tables will have to be changed to accomodate for knock and detonation. Everybody likes to do the 0411 swaps and Id like to tune with the factory black box pcm thats an the truck for the time being. Anybody here have experience with the black box pcm's that could give advice?
    When you disable the EGR, the timing adders will be disabled as well for EGR.