Thread: 2015+ 6.7 Turbo retrofit

Tuner in Training

2015+ 6.7 Turbo retrofit

Anyone ever tuned an 11-14 6.7 that was retrofitted with a 2015+ Turbo? Got one in the shop interested in swapping to a newer turbo, but not sure where to start with the tuning.

Banned
    i have but not with hpt.. i used sct.. im sure i can convert it.

Tuner in Training
    I?m not exactly looking for a tune. What needs to be changed? If it was my truck give it a try, just don?t really want to experiment on a customers truck.

Quote Originally Posted by deezolandrew View Post
    Anyone ever tuned an 11-14 6.7 that was retrofitted with a 2015+ Turbo? Got one in the shop interested in swapping to a newer turbo, but not sure where to start with the tuning.
    I did a '12 recently where I just copied all the turbo maps from a 15-16 and it seemed to run ok. Without changing the maps it seemed kinda laggy.

Tuner in Training
    Any Check engine lights? I didn?t know if it was just copying maps, or if there are maps on the 17+ that aren?t on the 11-14?s.

Banned
    i wouldn't copy those maps, i would modify the factory ones. turbo map and torque map would make it more efficient.

Tuner in Training
    So, I can install the kit, modify the 2013 maps, and I should be good to go? Im just trying to make sure I have this right and its not going to be like a gen3 LS and you have to do segment swapping to go from a 4l60 to a 4l80. Lol

Potential Tuner
    I did my 2012, bone stock.
    -M-TURBO-67 kit
    -BD Diesel exhaust manifolds (figured get ahead of this while I was in there)

Engine codes:
    -P0299: Turbocharger/Supercharge A Underboost Condition
    -P1249: Wastegate Control Valve Performance

Not sure if 1st was due to me running it with the old tune at first. P1249 is because you remove the wastegate (Engine Diag allows you to disable it).

@Powerstrokecustoms if you have a tune you like would you be willing to PM me so I can compare? Still not 100% happy with the one I have right now.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ErickS View Post
    I did my 2012, bone stock.
    -M-TURBO-67 kit
    -BD Diesel exhaust manifolds (figured get ahead of this while I was in there)

Engine codes:
    -P0299: Turbocharger/Supercharge A Underboost Condition
    -P1249: Wastegate Control Valve Performance

Not sure if 1st was due to me running it with the old tune at first. P1249 is because you remove the wastegate (Engine Diag allows you to disable it).

@Powerstrokecustoms if you have a tune you like would you be willing to PM me so I can compare? Still not 100% happy with the one I have right now.
    bro i doubt that PSD customs is going to just give any free tunes away for comparison .. they're in it to sell tuning

Potential Tuner
    I just recently installed the Ford retro kit with BD diesel manifolds. Have EGR and DPF deleted and 15 and newer Fuel Pump. When towing on cruise control pulling 12K up an incline on hy trans wont downshift until i manually do it, Slowly loses speed from 65 to 45 mph and boost drops until i manually downshift or apply more throttle manually. Anyone have any ideas? Have SCT tune for deletes. Thanks for any Ideas.

Transmission section

Shift schedule

6-5 or 5-4 downshift

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by projectlnf View Post
    Transmission section

Shift schedule

6-5 or 5-4 downshift
    6-5 On Cruise with load. Without Load it has enough torque doesn't need to Downshift

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by deezolandrew View Post
    i have 12 f350 lariat i have a 17+ style turbo on it from spe its a stage 1 the maps from a 12t o the 15-16 dont direct cross ours are 16 cell maps the 15+ trucks are 26 cell they have neg tourqe cells
    after a few months of tuning ive finaly got it to work how i like it it drives well tows amazing

i copied on tourqe axis from 0 up only that was a even 16 cell match alos the axis tables too its kinda not easy to say or tell over text
    its been alot of trial and error
    but it goes much deeper i had to also go much deeper in maps and change the mass air flow peroid map to reflect a 15 also because the airflow of the 15+ is much greater im sure im leaving alot out im a weight loss truck wich required me to load a stock file that was without stuff and i worked from there its been a long road im 100% ok knowing if i made a mistake and hurt my truck its my fault thats a hard pill to swallow but now im well versed in what does what
    12' 6.7 Psd F350 Srw 4x4 180k Blk/Blk lariat Spe stage 1 turbo
    03' 7.3 Psd F250 Srw 4x4 rock crawler on 40's PHP Hydra tuned