Thread: Torque converter will not lock.

Torque converter will not lock.

I have a customer's car. It is a 2000 c5 corvette. I can lock the converter with the scanner. I have maxed out the misfire. And have no misfire dtc. The car does have the active handling warming up message and it never warms up. I don't know if that could be a issue. I also check the brake switch with a mac tool scanner, and it seems to be in working order. I have attached the tune Please look it over for me I am stumped.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Also the customer told me that the ecu was not the stock ecu. The original ecu was locked and the previous tuner changed it so it could be tuned. I did a write entire into the ecu with a known 2000 c5 corvette tune. Copied over all of the airflow tables and so on from the last tuners tune but it did nothing to help with my problem. The speed,throttle position and gear are all satisfied but the converter does not lock. I have no trouble codes and the brake switches are working. I can lock the converter with the scanner so I know the converter and wires are ok. I was hoping someone on here would give me some advice. Thanks for looking.

I thought I would run this by the forum and see if I get a response. I was thinking that maybe the ecu that was changed could have been a p59 from a truck and had the p01 corvette os and tune flashed into it. What I was told by the customer was that the converter locked and had no problems. After the ecu was changed and it was tuned the converter would not lock, cruise control would not set and the active handling now fails. It seems that it could be in the swapped ecu. The previse tuner changed the ecu twice trying to fix this problem but he may not have switched it correctly. thank you for looking. I need some help to find this one.