Thread: Writing to pcm problem

Tuner

Writing to pcm problem

I have been tunning my 2020 Jeep Trackhawk and writing to pcm and it normally takes around 40 sec.
    but today it took over 4 min. and I noticed it said write entire to pcm instead of Write calibration.
    Did I just cause a problem?
    what does Write Entire do different than Write Calibration?

I hope I just didn't screw it up, and if so can I just write Calibration again.
    2020 Jeep Trackhawk, Functional Demon Ram Air Hood, AFE CAI, SW Headers, SW Cats, Solo Cat back Exhaust.

Yes. Writing entire takes significantly longer.
    Entire write does as it says, it will write all programming that is available to HPtuners instead of just the spots that have changed. Most of the time you don't need to do a write entire. On GM when you first program the elimination of VATs (anti theft) you need to do a write entire. Other software changes like SD often will require write entire.
    Remember HPtuners modifies only some of the software. You still in most cases will need the base factory programming on the ECM/PCM/TCM to be accomplished before HPtuners can do modifications.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    Yes. Writing entire takes significantly longer.
    Entire write does as it says, it will write all programming that is available to HPtuners instead of just the spots that have changed. Most of the time you don't need to do a write entire. On GM when you first program the elimination of VATs (anti theft) you need to do a write entire. Other software changes like SD often will require write entire.
    Remember HPtuners modifies only some of the software. You still in most cases will need the base factory programming on the ECM/PCM/TCM to be accomplished before HPtuners can do modifications.
    Thank you for the quick reply, I guess for some reason it defaulted to write entire that time.
    2020 Jeep Trackhawk, Functional Demon Ram Air Hood, AFE CAI, SW Headers, SW Cats, Solo Cat back Exhaust.