Thread: VE Tuning LS2 with LS1 PCM

Potential Tuner

VE Tuning LS2 with LS1 PCM

Hi all, I've been dropped in the deep end with a vehicle I was asked to do a basic road tune on, just so it can be safely test driven etc. Its my first vehicle I've tuned and to make life difficult it is a hybrid LS2 block with a large cam, LS1 intake and P01 PCM. I've got it dialed in with my wideband and running good but my VE numbers are both too high and low from what I can tell. Obviously a large cam will be less efficient down low but 30-40 at idle seems too low? And clearly numbers over 100 on a NA engine are wrong..

Under the general tab I changed displacement to 6.0 and cylinder volume to .75 etc, so the only thing I can think that would affect the VE numbers would be maybe it doesn't have stock LS1 injectors? But I would have expected all the numbers to be high or all be low, not have extreme highs and lows..

At the end of the day I'm happy its running ok, but from a professional standpoint I'm not happy that there is clearly some data wrong somewhere.

Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

For sure double check what injectors it's running and that fuel pressure is steady.

You never put the open loop EQ ratio to 1.00 for all cells above like 120 degrees. So if you tuned this engine with the commanding a different stoich than 1.00, it threw all your data off.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for that! I'll check we've got the correct fuel pressure and go from there. If it's got different injectors, is there an easy way of approximating data for them in HPtuners? There is a lot of unknowns with this engine and I doubt I'll get an answer as to exactly what injectors its running...
    And sorry, yes I was tuning it at EQ 1.0 but copied the original target table back in afterward just to be on the safe side.

If they are GM injectors, finding data should be easy. You'd just pull the data from a file that comes with those injectors.

If they are no name injectors with no real marking on them, good luck with finding anything on them. They are basically trash at that point.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.