Thread: Tuning ATVs with Cams

Tuner in Training

Tuning ATVs with Cams

Just wondering who has tuned the DBW bikes thag have cams and how they have made out

Advanced Tuner
    I have, no issues, once tuned

Tuner in Training
    Do you tune your fuel off of the ve tables?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MackVan View Post
    Do you tune your fuel off of the ve tables?
    Yes

Tuner in Training
    Perfect, im new to tuning via hp tuners so im just trying to learn how to lean/richen the bike

Tuner in Training
    Coming back to this Thread, i have now gotten into tuning the bike and its going whell other than i cant data log afr since my computer doesnt have a serial port not too bad i can get around it however im getting an issue where when i let off the throttle it will shut off. I know i gotta tune deceration but where? In VE table or is there a special table for this

Advanced Tuner
    Coming back to this Thread, i have now gotten into tuning the bike and its going whell other than i cant data log afr since my computer doesnt have a serial port not too bad i can get around it however im getting an issue where when i let off the throttle it will shut off. I know i gotta tune deceration but where? In VE table or is there a special table for this
    I have my O2 sensors ran into the MPVI. No way to tune without O2 sensors.

Tuner in Training
    I have the afr gauge hooked up so i can see where im at just going to ne alot more work since ill have to remember what rpm im at and what afr but i can work around it
    I just cant figure out why when im letting off it will shut off at high rpm and it has a hard tome idling down when rolling into the yard to park

Advanced Tuner
    I have the afr gauge hooked up so i can see where im at just going to ne alot more work since ill have to remember what rpm im at and what afr but i can work around it
    I just cant figure out why when im letting off it will shut off at high rpm and it has a hard tome idling down when rolling into the yard to park
    You must do a dual cylinder tune on a V-Twin with cams

Tuner in Training
    That is my plan, getting a base map with both cylinders, then moving to front then rear to dial it in. There are no dynos around me so i need to drive it around and gather data to make a solid base map then i will adjust my fuel trim per cylinder. (I only have one afr gauge)

Advanced Tuner
    That is my plan, getting a base map with both cylinders, then moving to front then rear to dial it in. There are no dynos around me so i need to drive it around and gather data to make a solid base map then i will adjust my fuel trim per cylinder. (I only have one afr gauge)
    You'll need two, since adjusting one cylinder will effect the other. Yes, no dyno needed to adjust fuel, I adjust fuel on the dyno, if I'm dynoing it, then adjust more, driving around, to dial it on in.

Tuner in Training
    Okay i will have to try and get another 02 sensor hooked up, today i was thinking why i got to take fuel out with my cams on the top end of the rpm scale then realised i have a super trap type style of plate baffles in the pipe, going to remove and redata log to see.
    Thank you very much, also. will say you have the best costumer service i have dealt with in a long time!

Advanced Tuner
    Okay i will have to try and get another 02 sensor hooked up, today i was thinking why i got to take fuel out with my cams on the top end of the rpm scale then realised i have a super trap type style of plate baffles in the pipe, going to remove and redata log to see.
    Thank you very much, also. will say you have the best costumer service i have dealt with in a long time!
    You shouldn't be taking fuel out, with just adding cams, at wot. At idle, it's common to take away fuel to get them right.
    You should be adding fuel at wot, assuming you have shiftout at the right rpm.

Tuner in Training
    I know i should be adding on the top end, i believe the baffle plates are affecting this as they would cause rich afr from the get go, and going to set shift out at 9000rpm