Thread: Gen 4 throttle percentage

Tuner in Training

Gen 4 throttle percentage

New to this and learning to tune, my setup 07 suburban 5.3 lc9, e83 ecu, whippel, stage 3 tsp truck cam, full exhaust no cats, 4l80e swap and a bunch of other stuff, my question is when I recorded a scan my tps% only went to 83.3% at wot along with my throttle desired, I assume it should be able to go higher, what needs to be done to get my throttle to open up more? Thanks im advance

Do not use the '(SAE)' channels for GM electronic throttle stuff.

that is the normal reading for GM's at WOT... no issue...
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, Custom paint-matched Bowtie emblems, Custom painted SS emblems, BMR strut tower brace, CAI - Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Bo White Ported/Polished throttle body, Custom DiabLew Tune

Quote Originally Posted by 06MonteSS View Post
    that is the normal reading for GM's at WOT... no issue...
    Yep, it's normal if you use the wrong channels. Use the manufacturer-specific PIDs and it reads like it should.

screenshot.29-07-2022 08.21.30-.png

You need to use the right channels for this because the tables in the tune that reference throttle position as one of the axes do not just stop at 84%, they go all the way to 100. Your logged data should reflect what the ECM is using, not what the generic SAE channels think it should be.

Senior Tuner
    And to add, if you have multiple tps channels logging it screws up the data trace. It will have fish bites.

Tuner in Training
    Thank yous all for the info, I understand the difference now just taking baby steps trying to figure it all out