Thread: MPVI2+ Standalone Data Logging

Potential Tuner

MPVI2+ Standalone Data Logging

I've done some searching on the forum and can't seem to find the exact answer to my question.

I recently purchased the MPVI2+ a few months ago so that I can have my car remote dyno tuned and also do some of my own data logging after the dyno tune is over.

I purchased the basic version as I was told that's all I needed at the time. However, upon further research it would appear that I may need to purchase the Pro pack so that I can use the MPVI2+ to data log while I have the car on track without having to have a laptop in the car?

Hopefully this isn't true because spending an additional couple hundred dollars just to be able to log what the car is doing without having a laptop slinging around in the passenger side seems a bit absurd to me.

If this is the case, is there an upgrade option that JUST lets me data log with the MPVI2+ and not need the extra bells and whistles that come with the full Pro pack? I'm not a tuner and the Pro pack features would be a waste of money for me in my opinion. I just want to be able to data log files while I'm on track so I can send them back to my tuner to review.

I know drag racers will often leave their laptops in the passenger seat, but I run road courses and that wouldn't be an option for me.

Any help or advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    The pro feature set is $249 and is available as an upgrade via your customer portal.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Is there a way to just get the standalone data logging feature for a lower cost? I think that's what he asked about and I'm interested to know it too. Thanks.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Awang View Post
    Is there a way to just get the standalone data logging feature for a lower cost? I think that's what he asked about and I'm interested to know it too. Thanks.
    Unfortunately not, sorry.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"