Thread: 12 ram 2500 6.7 nightmare

12 ram 2500 6.7 nightmare

The tune file you've just been supplied is a stock file because this control module is not readable. It is perfectly safe to use. If this module has been previously tuned, you will lose any existing changes is the message i get when connecting. once i get in all of my EGR MIL parameters are dark gray and cannot be disabled. Is there a fix for this?

Did you have a box Tuner that you started with?
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Banned
    I?m not certain if the CMD is actually readable by HP Tuners but if it is and you currently have a tune loaded on it by another device, you will not get a readout of it with HP Tuners. Many emissions parameters and fault codes are disabled in the software from being changed or simply not available because it is illegal for those parameters to be altered and HP Tuners isn?t going to take legal liability to allow simple turning off of emissions parameters and fault codes. Another thing to point out is that simply turning off fault codes related to emissions equipment does NOT and I will repeat here, does NOT turn off emissions equipment or prevent the engine controller from going into derate protection mode, which is operating mode 5.

Banned
    To answer the question of fixing the grey?d out emissions fault codes, there is no fixing it. It?s not broken, it?s how HP Tuners intentionally designed the software. It can be gotten around and you won?t like the answer to your questions that?ll come up on that one.

Banned
    Not impossible to do
    p codes.png

Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    Not impossible to do
    p codes.png
    Can you explain?

No. The original owner took box with him. The ecm locked up and had to be flashed so I could replace ignition module. The EGR delete was done when we got it so once the ecm was flashed back to factory it of course turned on the MIL.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Can you explain?
    No I cannot.

Banned
    And as previously said, simply turning them off isn?t the answer. It?s more involved than that. It?s not just turn off DTC?s and done deal. Infact on my personal 2012 I am fully deleted and don?t have a single DTC turned off and don?t have a single DTC code popping up and no MIL on.