Thread: dam nag1!

Advanced Tuner

dam nag1!

still cant get this transmission to act like a transmission! all i get is a loud grocery getter! HELP PLEASE? heres the tune, please tell me its my ignorance of tuning or its a mechanical issue like a toasted tranny?Ball and chain.hpt
    By the prickle of my thumb something wicked this way comes!2008 Chrysler 300c! 2013 heads/220/230 comp cam/LTheaders/FTI 2600 stall converter.

That looks like a stock cal?

Advanced Tuner
    its a tune i bought and it has never been good. the tuner couldnt get it right and no longer reply to my emails. im left to try to figure it out. just like the tuner that was paid to tune the car, i dont know what im doing and not much help here on it. most say they dont understand what im saying or asking. im not trying to be a tuner to make money, just to get me car running like it should, im a welder and not trying to take any tuning jobs from anyone! just trying to get my car right.i bought a diablo i3 handheld, maybe i might get help on their forums. i would appreciate any help on finishing my car! what tables and which way to go on them, thats all.
    By the prickle of my thumb something wicked this way comes!2008 Chrysler 300c! 2013 heads/220/230 comp cam/LTheaders/FTI 2600 stall converter.

I'd be careful as since the trans has only ever shifted up at 5600rpm, it'll need proper engine fuel/timing tuning above that. Based on your signature, that cam makes power well past 6000. And with the eagle heads on the 08 engine, the compression is high so good tuning is even more critical.

It really sounds like you need proper engine and transmission tuning to cater towards your vehicle, which unfortunately members on here will not just give out. There are some good vendors that do remote tuning for these cars that may be the way to go.

With that said, attached is the mopar performance cal (MTCM) I found on this forum to at least get your started. Compare with your current cal to see where the changes are in rpm, shift pressures, etc. Then modify yours from there.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jefo View Post
    I'd be careful as since the trans has only ever shifted up at 5600rpm, it'll need proper engine fuel/timing tuning above that. Based on your signature, that cam makes power well past 6000. And with the eagle heads on the 08 engine, the compression is high so good tuning is even more critical.

It really sounds like you need proper engine and transmission tuning to cater towards your vehicle, which unfortunately members on here will not just give out. There are some good vendors that do remote tuning for these cars that may be the way to go.
    thanks for the reply! yes the tune needs someone who knows what they are doing! this was a tune bought from a so called good tuner and his name was used a lot so i felt that we would be ok. well as you see, thats the tune i bought and paid for! a kick in the balls! the tuner stopped communications and ive been seeking help here. i dont mind paying for someones time and knowledge, but whats to say i wont get phuck again. i appreciate the file you posted and i will look over it and hopefuly i will have some progress from it! again thank you! im also dealing with high IAT!175-200*, someone on the forums sent me a link for a hood that will help lowering the IAT, it gets so hot that i had to wrap the headers and wiring harness to keep the car running. im also thinking that my dead rear gear isnt helping in my takeoffs!thanks again for reading all this. add and autism.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo2gnx View Post
    thanks for the reply! yes the tune needs someone who knows what they are doing! this was a tune bought from a so called good tuner and his name was used a lot so i felt that we would be ok. well as you see, thats the tune i bought and paid for! a kick in the balls! the tuner stopped communications and ive been seeking help here. i dont mind paying for someones time and knowledge, but whats to say i wont get phuck again. i appreciate the file you posted and i will look over it and hopefuly i will have some progress from it! again thank you! im also dealing with high IAT!175-200*, someone on the forums sent me a link for a hood that will help lowering the IAT, it gets so hot that i had to wrap the headers and wiring harness to keep the car running. im also thinking that my dead rear gear isnt helping in my takeoffs!thanks again for reading all this. add and autism.
    You need to reach out to N2speed on this forum then and be done with the experimentation. He's local, Pompano Bch.

I paid for a remote tune and had my car at a well known shop and they both left me with $hit tune .

He got me over the 2-bar clamp normally on these older PCMs that limit boost, so I can fully enjoy the 3.0 Whipple.

These old NAGS aren't a HP70 or 90. My Trackhawk HP95 is light years ahead, but I still love driving the 300. I learned to live with it.
    2018 Trackhawk PCM/TCM tune by Dusterhoff.
    Flex Fuel, MMX faux 95mm TB, GripTec 2.85, 10% ATI lower, FIC1200, ARH 1 7/8 w/cats, 180 T-stat

13 Chrysler 300S, RAM BGE 412 stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4, ATI 18% OD pulley
    Whipple Gen5 3.0, 2.50 upper pulley, Smooth Boost controller, FIC 1200 inj. Nick W 108mm TB, FORE dual return fuel system, E85, FTI 2800 stall(SRT83380), SHR WAR Viking trans and valve body, Getrag 3.73, 1 7/8 kooks w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back 943rwhp

Potential Tuner
    Your k1 adder has no pressure, i bet that's part of your issue

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by fastrt09 View Post
    Your k1 adder has no pressure, i bet that's part of your issue
    thanks fastrt09! ill pull up the tune today and see what happens when i add to it. thanks again for your reply!

Attachment 123562Don't bother changing your k1 settings.. they're fine. Whomever did this for you moved about 4 tables. Hit me up on my facebook next time if you need a tune or if you have a shop message me for a shop price in the future.. have a good one!