It all started when I decided to purchase a Whipple Supercharger Kit for my 2020 Dodge. I read up and made sure I had a clear understanding of what was required to have the PCM unlocked and ready to accept the canned Whipple tune so the car would be drivable. I had originally toyed with the idea of just buying an already unlocked PCM from HPTuners to speed things up a bit, but I had to wait for the Whipple kit to come in with the provided RTD tool to pull the stock calibration off my PCM, so I figured I'd send it out to HPTuners and take advantage of the unlocking service that I paid for with the Whipple kit provided by HPTuners. I followed the instructions provided, placed an online order for PCM unlocking service, paid for it, and shipped my PCM to HPTuners with the required MOD# on the shipping box and another sticker on the PCM with the MOD #. A very nice lady from HP called me that day as I was on the way to the UPS Store to ship it to tell me she would refund the price I paid becuase the unlocking was free with the MOD#. I was really impressed I got a call so quickly and felt like I was going to be in good hands with HP. This was Monday of last week. I had another supercharger install to do so I did it while I waited for the PCM to return from HP. I overnighted my PCM to HP on that Monday, figuring I'd get it back sometime that week, so I could install the kit on my car when the PCM arrived. Sure enough, on that Friday UPS showed up with a nice HPTuners box with my PCM in it. Awesome I think! I can get going on my car. This Monday, I started on my car. Had it ready to tune on Wednesday. Go through the processes and get ready to tune. Try and write the file and get "incompatible pcm software" and I can't tune it. I work on cars for a living and own a repair shop, so I tried a couple of other things first, like loading the stock read to the PCM etc and nothing would work. Kept getting "incompatible PCM software". So I searched the forums and one or two posts alluded to the fact that the PCM wasn't unlocked or needed to be sent back in. I started a support ticket with HP on Wednesday. No response until Thursday. I finally get a response asking me to provide a bunch of stuff, so I hurried and got everything they requested and replied back to the email. Mind you this is my own personal vehicle, I kinda want to drive it LOL. Well, I don't get any response for most of the day Friday. Finally email back asking for a status. The response I get is that they had no record of that MOD# being used. Now I'm supposed to dig through my garbage and find the tracking number for when I shipped my PCM to them as they never sent me a tracking number when they sent it back. I also contacted sales on Wednesday as well as to just buying a new PCM and I was kind of needing it pretty quickly since there wasn't any screw ups on my end. I did exactly as I was instructed to do. As much as I hated to and should have just done from the beginning, I ordered a new unlocked PCM from them late this afternoon, because I will be out of town next week and can't be shipping stuff back and forth once they finally get around to answering my last email on Monday.

The fact that I can't pick up the phone and just address this is very frustrating, the whole thing could have been sorted out in about 20 minutes. Nope. Gotta wait for singular email responses that only come once a day. Frankly at this point, I would have saved a boat load just buying a tuner kit and letting someone else tune it and be done. And yes, I know the whipple tunes are trash and the car will end up going to the tuner anyhow, woulda been nice to be able to drive it over there and leave it with him this next week while I was out of town.

After this experience, I would find it very hard to recommened HP to anyone for anything if this is how their customer service is.