Thread: 2009 Crown Vic Tune

Potential Tuner

Talking 2009 Crown Vic Tune

Hello Everyone, I have been fiddling around with this P71 as of late which right now is running on E-85 *Ethanol 76% approximately, I'm new to tuning really so I've basically been doing what I was told to fiddle around with for Spark, Fuel, and transmission.

Eventually, I would like to be able to learn how you can advance timing, but also retard timing via HP tuners since my next project will involve laughing gas.

Any suggestions on how to improve the tune at hand?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    There are several ways to approach timing. when it come to Gas you want to subtract 2-4 degrees of timing for every 50 Shot of laughing Gas. what you can do is copy your MBT and Past it in the Borderline Table. All your timing commands will be from that table.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mstang_man View Post
    There are several ways to approach timing. when it come to Gas you want to subtract 2-4 degrees of timing for every 50 Shot of laughing Gas. what you can do is copy your MBT and Past it in the Borderline Table. All your timing commands will be from that table.

Ok I will try to take this approach, I actually have the wet kit connected but I've been waiting to get a safe tune. I realised I will also need to change spark since I am swapping the platnium plugs to Copper TR6's.

Tuning mod motors is new to me, I've fiddled with a 3800 before but honestly, I'm new to most of this.

I did change my MBT spark lowering the values from 0.50 load to WOT
    Last edited by CrownVic2009; 07-31-2022 at 08:57 PM.