Thread: 6.0 Idle tuning Warren 155/stock injectors

Potential Tuner

6.0 Idle tuning Warren 155/stock injectors

Hello,

I am new to tuning diesels myself and have limited experience tuning gas engines.
    Ive tried to read all the posts i could find about 6.0 tuning and have made some decent driving tunes for my truck, When i had an automatic i was able to get my idle down to a reasonable 700 RPM. I have since manual swapped the truck (I have no have the PCM reflashed yet so it still thinks its an automatic)

I cant seem to get the idle below 840 RPM. No matter how much PW i pull out at idle RPM. Ive tried increasing the ICP all the way up to 1k at idle at various PW and that didnt seem to help either.

I am uploading a nearly stock file for my truck, and one of my more aggressive tunes that idled and ran fine with the automatic,
    I currently have the FICM tune from the Hotter tune and the rest of the PCM tune from the "STOCK" Tune in the truck.

03 F350 6.0, Auto to Manual swap. Warren 155/stock injectors, Stage 1 DIY KC Turbo, 4 inch exhaust, Head studs.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 6.0MoneyPit; 08-01-2022 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Forgot truck specs in the initial post.

Banned
    turbo inferred map is way low.. start at 100 and work it to 260
    put max map to 500
    ebp tables need to come up quite a bit.
    timing needs to come up.
    icp needs to come up.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you Powerstrokecustoms.

I compared to my stock file and made some rather aggressive changes based on your comments.

I assume for turbo inferred map you were talking in kpa?

I have attached the new file im about to flash into my truck. Ill report back after my trip today on how it drives.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    03 F350 6.0, Auto to Manual swap. Warren 155/stock injectors, Stage 1 DIY KC Turbo, 4 inch exhaust, Head studs.

Banned
    vgt open loop is off
    your pedal map could be more aggressive.
    needs more timing
    torque ratio vs speed limit make that all 1
    idle hi cam add set to 0

i can write you a tune for your truck if you want to pm me

Potential Tuner
    DM sent.

Ill work on making the adjustments you suggested tomorrow. The initial adjustments you recommended i made and drove 2 hours on. So far it seems fine. Though idle is still very high.

pm me if you're interested I have 155/stocks in my truck and have a solid tune I've been running for a few months that I tow with and daily drive. I can help you out with what ever kind of tuning you'd like!

Potential Tuner
    Ive got a few tunes as well if anybody wants to trade. Truck is a 2003 6.0l ZF6 manual trans with 155/stock warren injectors and a stage 1 KC turbo with emissions deleted.

Potential Tuner
    Thats basically the same build as me. Ide love to compare one of your tunes to mine to help me make mine better. I dont really have anything to offer back as i built mine and they arnt that great.

Potential Tuner
    I have been driving on further adjustments following your suggestions.
    Its much better and drivability has increased, However idle is still high and has a slight lope. With it getting colder i like to get a normal idle back.

Tuner in Training
    Check your icp settings.. Would adjust the trans for a manual. You'll need to adjust icp for the warren injectors to get them to smooth out.

Potential Tuner
    What exactly should i be checking?

I have increased ICP at idle considerably and reduced PW at idle and i cant get it below 900 RPM.

I am clearly missing something.

Tuner in Training
    raising icp should help with the lopiness of from WDI injectors.

check your mpa-v v-mpa

Potential Tuner
    What am i checking in mpa-v and v-mpa?

Potential Tuner
    I think i found a problem in my v-mpa table. When comparing with an example tune i had it looks way to low.

Potential Tuner
    If you send me your email I will send you the three I have, not sure if Im allowed to pose them here

Potential Tuner
    Tunes sent