Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LSA issues

Tuner in Training

LSA issues

Hey Guys,

I've got an LSA here in a 14 Cadillac. The car is surging hard under boost. This car just showed up from another shop and they hosed the guy.
    There is an afr gauge in the glove box showing .6 on a bit of wot which in my experience is a bit rich.

This things running a ZL1 Lid, cam, a secondary map based fuel pump, ice tank, long tubes, pretty damn small pulley, airaid intake elbow, ethanol sensor, id1000's

File attached here inital branden cts-v.hpt

If anyone can give some idea what to check or advise on where this calibration needs to go it would be appreciated.

I'm going to pull the plugs and check what they've got in there and what they're gapped to.

Thanks guys!
    Last edited by hbmike; 08-01-2022 at 03:32 PM.

Triyed to drunk edit my post earlier, but somehow deleted it. On the phone ATM. I have a tune for similar setup from earlier with the only additiin being 8.6 lower and meth.
    Will check it out in the AM, but it could be MAF only tune, that is not properly set up for hot ambient temperature.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hbmike View Post
    Hey Guys,

I've got an LSA here in a 14 Cadillac. The car is surging hard under boost. This car just showed up from another shop and they hosed the guy.
    There is an afr gauge in the glove box showing .6 on a bit of wot which in my experience is a bit rich.

This things running a ZL1 Lid, cam, a secondary map based fuel pump, ice tank, long tubes, pretty damn small pulley, airaid intake elbow, ethanol sensor, id1000's

If anyone can give some idea what to check or advise on where this calibration needs to go it would be appreciated.

I'm going to pull the plugs and check what they've got in there and what they're gapped to.

Thanks guys!
    Sounds just "slightly" rich...lol...good lord. Probably a good idea to get a log as well. I took a quick look and my novice self seems to think your injector data is all jacked up. This stuff needs to be correct or else you are going to be chasing your tail

https://help.injectordynamics.com/su...aracterization

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mememe123 View Post
    Triyed to drunk edit my post earlier, but somehow deleted it. On the phone ATM. I have a tune for similar setup from earlier with the only additiin being 8.6 lower and meth.
    Will check it out in the AM, but it could be MAF only tune, that is not properly set up for hot ambient temperature.
    Being a maf only tune isn't going to be the root cause to what he is experiencing. I've had my V on a maf only tune and it ran perfectly fine

Senior Tuner
    Hey Guys,

Thanks guys!
    A log would be useful
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    A log would be useful
    I'll get a log hopefully this evening,

They had stock plugs in the car with an oversized lower 18% and 2.45 upper. I'm getting plugs in and gapped and going over the injector data. Unfortunately i don't have a means to log the wideband. they bastardized it into the glovebox. so I have stare at it when I hit it.

I did pull the injectors and confirm they are 1050x's

Advanced Tuner
    I'll get a log hopefully this evening,

They had stock plugs in the car with an oversized lower 18% and 2.45 upper. I'm getting plugs in and gapped and going over the injector data. Unfortunately i don't have a means to log the wideband. they bastardized it into the glovebox. so I have stare at it when I hit it.

I did pull the injectors and confirm they are 1050x's
    ok, so you initially said that they were ID1000 and that was the table I was looking at. So the injector data may be correct, but I didn't check it

Tuner in Training
    Correct, i was told they were 1000's but pulled to confirm they are indeed 1050x's

Found a broken plug wire boot, so dealing with that before i get a log on it.

Tuner in Training
    wot hit missfire.hpl

Here is a hit, have to get out of it because it breaks up so bad.

knocks sensors appear to be going nuts. afr gauge isn't hitting .68 with the new plugs. its now .75~

Senior Tuner
    I can at least tell you it has a misfire still on the drivers side.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    Im transferring the coils one at a time. i saw the o2 volts drop to zero on one log. i didnt think it would go that low on just one cylinder misfire.

Tuner in Training
    Well, going to pull the injectors and send them out to ID. swapped all the coils over and nothing chased.

Changed plugs, Wires, swapped coils. seems like injectors are the next logical progression.

Advanced Tuner
    You noticing the NB (O2B1S1) at WOT voltage dip during the WOT?

Advanced Tuner
    wot hit missfire.hpl

Here is a hit, have to get out of it because it breaks up so bad.

knocks sensors appear to be going nuts. afr gauge isn't hitting .68 with the new plugs. its now .75~
    your WB isn't hooked up to hp tuners right?

Tuner in Training
    Here's the update, car is back up and running great again.

Background: car went to a shop for some bad valve train components and a couple spun bearings. Engine came out of the car.

I started going over what would cause the entire bank to just drop. The bolt was finger tight for the driverside head ground that feads the coils. Tightened that sucker up and took it for a rip and shes all great. I'm skeptical of this shops work they did for this kid for several reasons now, plugs, ripped wires, loose grounds, intake wasn't on when they dropped the car back off.

Who knows its probably fine now. I'll shoot a final log later if anyone is interested.

to answer your question sgod1100, no its not hooked up.

Well, the shop still got paid, right?

Senior Tuner

Background: car went to a shop for some bad valve train components and a couple spun bearings. Engine came out of the car.

I started going over what would cause the entire bank to just drop. The bolt was finger tight for the driverside head ground that feads the coils. Tightened that sucker up and took it for a rip and shes all great. I'm skeptical of this shops work they did for this kid for several reasons now, plugs, ripped wires, loose grounds, intake wasn't on when they dropped the car back off.

Who knows its probably fine now. I'll shoot a final log later if anyone is interested.

Heads up.. those coil pack bolts aren't grounded. I wouldn't see that fixing anything. The valve covers are isolated from ground pretty good.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com

Tuner in Training
    Heads up.. those coil pack bolts aren't grounded. I wouldn't see that fixing anything. The valve covers are isolated from ground pretty good.
    The harness on the back of the head. not the coil packs themselves.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Well, the shop still got paid, right?
    yea... hah

Advanced Tuner

Now that you said the car is running great, get that WB hooked up to hptuners and verify that it actually is running correctly