Thread: 2020 gmc whipple lme heads and cam issues

2020 gmc whipple lme heads and cam issues

So this thing has that new network and see hptuners has a system to provide adjustments. Question is can you disable the network sort of how we do maf priority and tune maf more so or do you have to use this system to make one of these work with this many mods?
    It wont idle on its own it stalls and it keeps getting start stop fault codes which is weird. If he holds the throttle it trys to run with a lot of timing but soon as you lift its like a switch and turns off even though its got plenty of tps and timing. Not like it peters out but more like a switch.
    This thing they took out all the electronics for dod so I have had to turn off a ton of fault codes on it.
    I guess the main question is am I having a start stop problem or its the network settings that make it not want to run? Before dropped 50 bucks on tokens wanted to see if someone found can just set it up to run more maf priority or not.
    Thanks
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

Advanced Tuner
    There is no MAF priority mode on these like the older GM ECMs. On some applications even attempting to tune the MAF translation table causes random weird behaviors, but I've tuned a Whipple setup without changing the network settings. Which start/stop fault codes are you getting? Have you tried fixing up the torque model and the idle torque settings?

yes i moved the typical stuff around this is a cam this shop likes to use and usually it idles on all stock stuff really. The maf on this thing is really weird also its scales down not up I have never seen anythingl look so off on a maf table. Peak comes under idle hz then goes down from there. I even tried a typical maf from a 18 and down or what I could get it to translate over to and it did nothing for it. P26e6 and p305e one which is a no start after a start stop cycle. I had him cap the battery and waiting to see if pops back up with messing with it today or not. It said was current but found cant believe these readings on hptuners as sometimes codes stick around when not current. It also has a tcm from hhp in it so you can tune the bosch setup and I even had him go back to stock as thought maybe they didnt add the start stop correctly to tcm. I have a feeling its something with all the vvt gone and that networks settings is heavliy relied on with the maf being so useless from the table Im seeing anyway.2020 maf.PNG

2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

So let me tell you how many issues I am seeing on this platform. One you cannot get around that stupid network and i was able to get it to run idle drive pretty good so far. I do have a cold start issue I have yet to fix where you have to give it a little throttle to make it run. Soon at hold throttle a little it will run and idle. I see the cat warm up is pulling mad timing on it cold and now we cant turn that off so that is screwing every one over thank you hptuners for that. But worst off is this neural network table. You cannot change the axis on it and it only goes to 1.00 pressure ratio so its completley useless for boost correct? So heads cam whipple on 12 psi I am getting no fuel at wot way into boost and I dont care what I do to the maf table it isnt adding fuel. The maf also reverts to the bottom of the table 1000hz when it goes into PE this platfrom is beyond screwy. It had a whipple stock heads and stock cam and was "tuned" by a very good gm tuner and 90 percent of the tune was actually stock. I have no idea how it didint go lean and blow up as was at 14 psi prior to the heads cam drop in piston setup.
    But no matter what I do I cannot get fueling correct in higher boost with this setup.
    Attached Images Attached Images