Thread: +1000WHP CTSV, MAF maxed and inconsistency in fuel delivery questions

Tuner

+1000WHP CTSV, MAF maxed and inconsistency in fuel delivery questions

General question, how are you big HP tuners dealing with consistency in fueling delivery between gears and different loads/rpms on setups where the MAF is being maxed (besides a speed density tune which I'm trying to avoid like the plague on this Gen4)? The only tool I know of is using a gradually increasing PE as RPMs rise to compensate for a maxed out MAF, but seems to be inconsistent especially in between gears, and extremely sensitive to corrections (I"ll log for example Lambda to be 0.82 one log for a certain RPM, then add 2% to PE on next flash, and now AFR is way more than 2% more like 6% rich, and vice versa). Is this PE trick the only alternative just rinsing and repeating endlessly? It's a Twin Turbo cammed CTSV setup. Needless to say this setup is testing my tuning abilities, highest HP Gen4 I've done so far.

Reference tune file from a previous rev (ignore the current Virtual torque model, this has been updated now to report higher torque to get it to shift now) and recent log attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I didn’t look. But you SHOULD NOT be maxing out the MAF on this setup.. in fact I’ve done 1400+ hp using a card style MAF on this OS and had plenty of room to go (then could always scale, but not limited to a 511 g sec limit, could do over 2000hp with this OS)

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Senior Tuner
    You could put the MAF in a bigger tube to lower the Freq if needed.

Pretty wild not to do this in speed density in my opinion. I'm not saying your wrong. I don't think there is a 2bar OS for those is there?
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    You could put the MAF in a bigger tube to lower the Freq if needed.

Pretty wild not to do this in speed density in my opinion. I'm not saying your wrong. I don't think there is a 2bar OS for those is there?
    We have a 3 Bar map, but the MAP reporting does max out at 255kpa (22psi of boost). We're currently at approx 25psi.

I'd like to clarify, what's being maxed is the Hz reading of the MAF (not the airflow values themselves). It seems to just plateau at about 13,500Hz and doesn't climb anymore, despite higher RPM and boost being shoved. The charge pipe is pretty large right now, at about 4.5". I don't get it, unless it's actual airflow being plateau'd. Regardless, if I don't do the PE trick to increase fueling per RPM, it'll definitely lean out progressively into the high RPMs.