Thread: Maxing cyl airmass on spark tables

Maxing cyl airmass on spark tables

I know I need to scale the injectors more but how would I do that correctly? It has FIC 775 injectors so i already had to half the flow rate and double the stoich to make them work. My spark tables go out to 1.36 but according to my log I'm running around 1.46 ish. I tried to rescale the flow rate by 40 but now its rich when the ve table was fine before and its still way off the timing tables airmass. 2007 Corvette LS2 78mm turbo 8 psi of boost

test 1.hplBoosted c6 8 psi rescaled injectors test.hpt
    2007 C6 Corvette on3 single turbo kit on a bone stock LS2

Do you have anything that backs up the notion that there is any need for different spark timing at 1.46g/s versus what it needs at 1.36? People always get hung up on this. There's nothing to be gained (or disaster to be caused) by letting it ride.

Injectors are not scaled correctly. You missed the half-IVT part (ECM 12560), or cutting by whatever % you're scaling the other two tables by.

MAF is also not failed right. P0101/102/103 must be MIL On First Error.

So its ok if the timing table doesn't read out past 1.36 when the engine is at 1.46? Because if that is fine then ill just put the tune I had in it before the posted tune. And the codes are set in the ecu when you scan it so the MAF is failed.

Also when I first put these injectors in I never messed with that IVT parameter and it ran fine. Fuel trims where only slightly off what they where with the stock injectors

Set. Your. MAF DTCs. To MIL ON FIRST ERROR. You were told this in your last thread also, that you let die without responding.

So you're saying you invented a new way of injector scaling that doesn't require touching IVT Terms? Neat. Tell me more. (not really)

So even though the error codes are set with the scanner and the car runs with no MAF on the car at all just a IAT sensor break out harness again no MAF on the car at all starts and runs fine on my tune before the one posted the MAF is still not failed right? Kind of strange when the codes are still set on the ECU to fail the MAF even after erasing the codes they come right back and are shown with a scan tool. I don't think it really matters how the codes are set (mil on first or second error) as long as they show up with a scan tool which again they do the MAF is failed. My last post on the MAF codes was about deleting them completely which is impossible. I will half the IVT terms and see what that does though

Senior Tuner
    Try a write entire to delete the permanent MAF codes (it worked for me on an E67). And fail the maf the way that is recommended here which will avoid future nuscience MAF related DTC's. It is an agreed best practice by many of the long term contributors on this forum. Yes, fine to let the airmass peg.

Advanced Tuner
    The shortest way to dumb down what squirrel is saying (asking), is lets say you have 10 degrees of timing in the 1.36 area at the bottom of your timing table. When it exceeds 1.36 and runs off the table, it will just hold the last known number (10 degrees in this example) until the end of the run. Whats wrong with just running it like that?

Senior Tuner
    i was running just under 2.0g actual with the limit of 1.36g just fine, still goes up the rpm just sits in and uses the last row values

Advanced Tuner
    GTS same here. It's when you exceed the airflow ceiling at (I think 2.5g?) it becomes a REAL problem, and a TON of work to get around. I remember looking at my log, and thinking (very confused) why did my cylinder airmass go up and flatline, but boost kept climbing??

With some excel trickery I rescaled my timing table to go up to 2 g/s by editing the row values. Lost a little resolution but I prefer full control even if it's not entirely necessary, was easy enough for me to do so why not, still plenty resolution.

How did anybody ever get by in Ye Oldene Days with locked-out distributors?

Blindsquirrel I made those changes to the IVT terms like you said to and didn't notice any difference in how the car drove or anything so I don't know. and about the cyl airmass maxing out I just thought it would be better for it to stay on the timing map for better control of timing. Guess it doesn't really matter though. Also I do have a 81 k10 with a hei. Not locked out though

Senior Tuner
    It's quite alright for the table to max out.. ON GEN 4 applications you can change the axis's on a lot of them to whatever you need but do you really plan on tuning for the max timing at 7 psi vs 8psi vs 9 psi ? ETC.. Chances are you'll tune for max boost and anything slightly less that is still maxed out will just be a tiny bit short on timing.

The IVT thing is important for OL and probably transients.. I've not changed it on several and never really noticed a difference.. I think it is proper but I also think it is something people latch on the forums and repeat it like its gospel.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs