Thread: fine tuning spark and ve tables

Tuner in Training

fine tuning spark and ve tables

I noticed I can add 5 to the spark tables but don't know if its to much. now my ve tables don't look great to me. also is there any way i can get my 0-60 faster? Anything will help! thanks in advances!
    jeremiah trucks 2.hpl
    jeremiahs truck shift points changed o2 4.10 gears.hpt

Just because you can add timing doesn't mean you should, you'd really want it on a dyno to see where it stops making power.

You're not really logging a lot of data either. The tune has a knock sensors disabled and you aren't logging knock so I assume you just removed the sensors and sure people have done it but they also likely are using other equipment like a dyno to tune it better.

I don't see any air fuel ratio data from a wideband sensor and the injectors aren't being logged either. So "we" have no idea if your fueling is even correct right now.

If the engine is cammed but doesn't have the correct stall converter for that camshaft, it's going to be a slow truck off the line.

This tune file also says it's running basically a 33in tall tire, those tend to be heavier and slow trucks down.

The log shows a P0106 code too, may want to make sure that isn't a real problem too.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I have a afr gauge in the truck. I?m also new to the tuning deal. I had someone else tune it to get it running. And I still have my knock sensor. I?m probably going to switch down to a small tires soon.