Thread: HPTuners software, broken again??

Senior Tuner

HPTuners software, broken again??

I wonder if anyone else runs into so many issues like I do

I have ALWAYS had a stable release version and a Beta version running side by side - because you basically have to with access to newer stuff working only in the beta releases since apparently we do product R&D for HPT

I recently uninstalled my stable release, installed an old version that a customer was using so i could use their cable on their car and show them how to do some things. Forever getting F0 errors, told its a bad USB somewhere but Ive tried multiple cables, USB port on my laptop are fine I use them every day, and customer had just used the interface no problems.

I needed to actually use the software Ive bought and paid for, deleted the stable old version thru add/remove programs and was getting weird pop up errors no matter what table I clicked on. Figured Id start from scratch, deleted by 4.12.xxx beta and installed the latest one, and still same errors....

Anyone ran into this before? HPTuners support says they have nothing to do with grapecity.

Really wish the stuff worked like it used to, we still have buttons mislabled, still havent heard back about a issue 4 months ago where HPT would corrupt a file every time you saved it that I magically fixed myself (but Id still like to know what was going on)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

Advanced Tuner
    Usually just clicking "ok" a bunch of times made it go away for me. Never had to re-install anything. I think it is tied to a .NET/visual studio Microsoft service. HPT must use some component of the windows service that checks the licenses when the resource is accessed. So, not really a HPT problem just like the 3D charts issue was not a HPT problem, but actually a Windows update problem. If clicking "ok" a bunch of times does not resolve this for you, you may need to look into what Windows components need to be updated on your computer. Sorry for the non-answer but hopefully it helps.

Senior Tuner
    I had issues when I renamed the vcmeditor exe. Renaming the folder is ok.