Thread: 02 sensor defoulers

Tuner in Training

02 sensor defoulers

Getting ready to try and do maf and speed density tuning on my truck, it has long tube headers and no cats I have 02 defoulers on my downstream o2's my bank one downstream always reads high ( truck was tuned by someone else) my question is when I'm tuning should I have the defoulers off?
    Any help is appreciated

The REAR O2 sensors/anti-foulers have no affect on the tuning... It's the FRONT O2 sensors that would affect the tuning, those are the ones that control fueling/fuel trims...
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, Custom paint-matched Bowtie emblems, Custom painted SS emblems, BMR strut tower brace, CAI - Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Bo White Ported/Polished throttle body, Custom DiabLew Tune

Tuner in Training
    Ok thank you I wasnt sure wether it would effect it, I don't really need them now that I have hptuners and turned the code off

Downstreams wouldn't function as downstream sensors without the cats anyway, they'd just mirror the upstreams since they'd be reading the same composition of exhaust gases.

Tuner in Training
    From what I've read and watched it was my understanding that they made adjustments and also can be used to tune? Mind you no one states anything on wether its catted or not Catted at least that I came across, should I set the downstream to a different setting or turn them off? I'm very new to tuning and not that good with computers, I grew up playing with carb cars

There are some vehicles that use the downstream sensors for fueling in certain circumstances, but this is not one of them. GM's downstream sensors are for catalyst monitoring only.

Tuner in Training
    Ok see I never came across that info, I do have a wideband installed, so would I be better off turning the downstream off all together?

If there are no catalytic converters there is nothing that the downstream sensors will be able to measure and so you not only don't need them, it's now impossible for them to work. There are no cats for them to monitor, and that's their single solitary purpose in life.

Tuner in Training
    Ok thank you I appreciate it