Thread: Stock 6L80, +1000WHP CTSV TT, WOT shifting issues

Tuner

Question Stock 6L80, +1000WHP CTSV TT, WOT shifting issues

So I'm at a point where I'm feeling lost with the trans calibration to get this car to shift right. It's my biggest HP Gen4 yet, so it's a new learning curve again. I've tuned 500W 6L80's with no issues. This one if we crank the boost to 25psi (about 1100W), it just won't shift well. I've tried countless attempts changing different values. I modified virtual torque to report closer to reality TQ and this worked decently to get it to shift at least, but still having issues with delayed shift response and basically having the engine "ignition cut" hard and pop as it approaches the shift point. I'm at a point I'm commanding it to shift at 6000 2-3 shift, to just get it to shift at actually 7k, with piss poor mediocre shift quality.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong (or right at this point) anymore, since I'm green at these big HP builds for 6L80 tuning. Attached latest tune and logs for someone to shed some light. I'm not sure if perhaps maybe i'm still underreporting torque and having that as root cause of it, or maybe I need to re-enable TQ management at the TCM? Or perhaps just my airflow is not adequately scaled?

Stock 6L80, stock converter, Twin Turbo 6.0L built block

Latest tune and logs attached. Full run log was at about 25 PSI

2012 CTSV TT Alex Juan AMP FIC1650 Calvo Tune 22 PSI STREET TUNE R11 - fast torque exit change, .hpt
    18 psi log.hpl
    20 psi log.hpl
    24 psi log with new revision.hpl
    full run.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    your gonna need to bump up the absolute shit on the oncoming adapts numbers or you "gone kill dat box".

not wanting to criticize but whats with the eq multiplier for alcohol, are you making up for a maxxed out maf, she be drowning with fuel ?

I tune very few blown cars here in oz with a maf, as such i spend a fair mount of time tuning the VVE, but 1 of my own cars has pushed out close to 1000whp on a hub dyno & ran 9.5/9.6 with a 1950kg race weight (4300lbs). It's still got a stock trans & over 146k km's.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    your gonna need to bump up the absolute shit on the oncoming adapts numbers or you "gone kill dat box".

not wanting to criticize but whats with the eq multiplier for alcohol, are you making up for a maxxed out maf, she be drowning with fuel ?

I tune very few blown cars here in oz with a maf, as such i spend a fair mount of time tuning the VVE, but 1 of my own cars has pushed out close to 1000whp on a hub dyno & ran 9.5/9.6 with a 1950kg race weight (4300lbs). It's still got a stock trans & over 146k km's.
    Hmmm...I've never messed with adaptives, I'm absolutely green here with the adaptives on how to manipulate them effectively, I'll research on them, or if you can shed additional light on them.

About the PE, yea the MAF is maxing out at 13,500Hz and plateauing at full boost, right about 5800 and up. We haven't found root cause yet, (not sure if is actually MAF maxing out or something in the airflow occurring to not read above 13,500Hz). So for now yes, the jacked up PE is a bandaid for leanout due to a plateaud MAF Hz.

Advanced Tuner
    put your ztock tranz tune, mod your zhift zchedulez and RPM, up the tranzmizzion prezzure trezholdz, DO not reduce or remove tranz torke management, i can zee you lowered multiplierz on tranz torke management and alzo up to ztock the minimum zpark table on engine zide. tranz zhould zhift no prob, they dont neeed much to zhift. you can play with eq ratio torke coefficientz multiplier table to up the tranz prezzure if needed- your tune only allowz to retard to 10 degree when it wantz to zhift, it zhould retard more zo it can zhift fazter..

zorry my keyboard iz mizzing zome letterz,

Senior Tuner
    Haha, clazzic. I think thiz zhould be a new trend.

Tre-cool knowz hiz zhit zo definately explore.

Alzo agree with cazterjamez.

Advanced Tuner
    Lolz.

Set that tranz tune back to stock, turn on tq management, learn chicken, get the engine side setup correctly to reflect whatever fuel system you are running, the correct double stoich method(still missing that halved IVT table), maybe tune the VVE(sorry if it is, I can never tell with how HPT has that setup with the adjustable MAP axis), apply the necessary HPT patches. Then get the engine side figured out correctly and see how the trans responds. I am not a pro but this seems like a ?just trying to get done and out of the shop? type thing. The newer the car, the less things can just be glossed over and bandaged elsewhere in the tune.

Tuner
    Ok, I did adjustments based on feedback, learned chicken, turned TM back on, increased adaptives by A LOT. Shifting better but still inconsistent, and still requires commanding the shift extremely early to get it to shift before rev limiter. Particularly 3-4 almost feels like (and data looks like so too) like it attempts to shifts and lowers RPMs, then pauses and lowers RPMs further. I'm wondering if the TCC has to do with it, because I see massive amount of TCC slip compared to TCC desired. I'm tempted to disable TCC application altogether.

Also, how would halving IVT table help if my fuel is dialed in? Wouldn't halving it have an effect on halving my OL fueling? I don't want to mess with fueling at this point, and TQ reported is up there close to where it should be (at least over 1000ftlbs under boost).

Looking for further feedback, especially on adaptive values, not sure if I have to increase them further. We ordered a 5" MAF charge pipe tube to help with the Hz plateauing.

2012 CTSV TT Alex Juan AMP FIC1650 Calvo Tune 22 PSI STREET TUNE R15 - Leaner PE, Less timing up.hpt
    Alex CTSV 60DC controller 25PSI approx WOT 12,5AFR.hpl

Tuner
    Made zome tweakz again, now with chicken. Tq management zhift factorz raized again to ztock, I jacked up TCC prezzure up to counteract TCC zlip, and adaptivez were cranked again much higher. Hope thiz thing can finally zhift. I reduced zhift timez a bit to make it eazier to hit the target zhift time.

I'll report back after tezt drive.

2012 CTSV TT Alex Juan AMP FIC1650 Calvo Tune 25 PSI STREET TUNE R16 - Richer PE for 25PSI, TQ m.hpt

Senior Tuner
    Loving this new language lol

Advanced Tuner
    dizable torke converter in the tune; part throttle/wot. when you done then you can ztart tuning tcc to your like, how iz it zhifting at part throttle?
    pleaze check your tranz oil level, overfill with 1 extra tranz oil lt, remember to rezet/prezet tranz adaptivez with zcanner.

Tuner
    This is too funny.

Tuning Addict
    This is only a couple of small points. I don't know if you're the original tuner on this or going in behind someone else, but I don't think you realize what tables are referencing what. It looks like you just increased random things. A prime example of this is your inertia factor profile table - these directly reference the transitional time shift timing tables - these max at a 9 setting whereas you have the inertia profile table going as high as 11's. Also you changed the shift pattern types - this may be a lot of your problem. You also decreased some of the torque tables on the trans shifting side whereas you probably should have increased them slightly. Then going to the torque model - your tune is scaled which means it's hitting higher loads then what's being reported, so you may have to increase it more at higher loads - adjust by how it's shifting - the torque model is your primary controller of shifts on a gen 4. As far as torque management - if you know more of what you're doing then it's not really needed and better off without it, but you really have to get your pressures and times dialed in.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC