Thread: Random misfires on 2.0T (A5)

Potential Tuner

Question Random misfires on 2.0T (A5)

Hey Folks,

I recently purchased MVPI2+ to raise shift points on my transmission and found that my car misfires ... Misfire happens across all cylinders and from looks of it it's in random order.
    I did change plugs and coils but issue still persists, I wonder if something wrong with my tune and/or fueling that I'm using? Or maybe it's just bad MAF sensor, not sure on how to check this in logs?

If someone knowledgeable could check if there's going on in the log.

Specs:

Audi A5 2013 2.0T
    Tune: APR stage 3 (K04) flex fuel tune

Mods:

IE intercooler
    IE Highflow dp
    IE cold intake
    CTS K04 Hybrid turbo

Thanks!

log11-mixed-misfire.hpl

Quote Originally Posted by vic777 View Post
    Hey Folks,

I recently purchased MVPI2+ to raise shift points on my transmission and found that my car misfires ... Misfire happens across all cylinders and from looks of it it's in random order.
    I did change plugs and coils but issue still persists, I wonder if something wrong with my tune and/or fueling that I'm using? Or maybe it's just bad MAF sensor, not sure on how to check this in logs?

If someone knowledgeable could check if there's going on in the log.

Specs:

Audi A5 2013 2.0T
    Tune: APR stage 3 (K04) flex fuel tune

Mods:

IE intercooler
    IE Highflow dp
    IE cold intake
    CTS K04 Hybrid turbo

Thanks!

log11-mixed-misfire.hpl

what plugs are you running and what are they gapped at? how many miles? did you do carbon cleaning?

You barely have any misfire at all in this log (see below) go clear faults/ misfires and then do some wot pulls in 3rd gear

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for your reply bb-tt.

Here's example of misfires that I was referring to (same log file, i've highlighted them). When I pull on first gear from low rpm hard, sometime I can see 20 or even more misfires happening around 4-5k rpm and then car loses power (RMP goes up but I don't feel the boost)
    misfires_log.jpg

Regarding plugs and coils, I just installed new ones last week. Plugs are BKR8EIX at 0.024 and coils is R8 OEM brand new coils.
    Car has 39k miles on it, carbon build up was never done ... So maybe that would help? Is this could be an issue with low mileage like this? Could that it be MAF sensor? I got another one will try it out, this weekend.

Also another thing that i've noticed that boost is dropping drastically after 4k RPM. From almost 24psi to 16psi at almost 7k rpm ... Shouldn't it stay close to 20-22 at that range?
    boost_drop.jpg

What are normal value for MAP sensor, I noticed mine goes all the way to 2.5bars is this normal?
    Last edited by vic777; 08-06-2022 at 01:22 PM.