Thread: First Idle - Not Reading Ant Fuel Trims Help?

Tuner in Training

First Idle - Not Reading Any Fuel Trims Help?

Hi Guys,

I started up my car for the first time this morning looking to tune the car in speed density mode (forcing MAF disable via the tune) at idle using the STFT but I am not getting any short term fuel trim data at all. These are the codes that my car is currently throwing:

0x544: B1325 - Device Power Circuit Voltage (History)
    0x7E8: P0068 - MAP / MAF - Throttle Position Correlation (SES, Pending, Current, History)
    0x7E8: P0102 - Mass or Volume Air Flow A Circuit Low (SES, Pending, Current, Old, History)
    0x7E8: P0449 - Evaporative Emission System Vent Control Circuit Intermittent (Pending, Current, Old)

I've attached the tune I am using as well as the log from the first idle run. I was giving it gas during this run because it felt like it would die otherwise which is why the throttle pos changes during the run.

How can I get my STFTs to log correctly? I need these logging so I can start dialing in my VE table
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by freaknbigpanda; 08-06-2022 at 12:54 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Could the P0068 be causing the OL - Fault Fuel System Status? I noticed some settings here to control this code:

Screenshot 2022-08-06 102715.png

Should I bump the rpm enable to disable it while I am tuning?

Tuner in Training
    You need to use the 2bar OS for SD mode. P0068 is airflow max. Only pops a code when you go over a certain g/s. I disabled mine, but I'm boosted. As far as your STFT's they're enabled in your tune. Maybe try re-adding the pids.
    Last edited by Ancient8989; 08-06-2022 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient8989 View Post
    You need to use the 2bar OS for SD mode.
    Not entirely true, the engine can be tuned in speed density if the MAF is failed correctly.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    So I got the fuel trims to work by disabling P0068, looks like I am running really rich, I'm going to flash the car with the adjusted virtual VE tables tomorrow and give it another shot but does this new log look normal? I am a bit worried that there is something wrong mechanically that might be throwing everything off.
    Attached Files Attached Files