Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LS1 with PCS TCM-2650 and 6L80 - stuck in 1st, poor 4 -5 change and more!

Tuner in Training
    Thanks very much Tre-Cool, I appreciate all your time helping me out.

I'll send a PM now.

Tuner in Training
    Back again.....excuse the tangent, but this may be handy for someone else - I decided to take a punt on a no-name Chinese full aluminium radiator via AliExpress, at 1/2 the price of a Mishimoto one here in the UK.

What turned up was one in a Worley box....which was my other choice after the Mishimoto one, in terms of cost. Via AliExpress, the Worley one was about ?80 cheaper than getting it from Worley on eBay and I didn't have any additional import duties.

Anyway, having driven the car for well over an hour, I'm happy so far - no coolant or trans fluid leaks, decent temperature management etc. It did need some 'tweaking' to fit. Main issue was the tapped mounts for the fan shroud. One hole was correctly tapped, one hole was too big and not tapped and the bottom ones on each side were slotted guides. Too small for the shroud tabs to slide in, so I cut them off and tapped the remaining bracket sections.

Now back to the original subject matter. Having written a modified bin file to the PCS, with the digital input 1 correctly set as the brake switch, I no longer have it sticking in 1st gear. I drove it for an hour or so, with plenty of stopping, starting, moving the shift lever from D to N to P and back, as well as stopping and starting the engine. The flaring from 4 to 5 is still present, but perhaps slightly improved. When I know it's going to change up, if I ease off the throttle pretty much completely, I can manage an acceptable change, mostly......

I'm attaching links for the two decent logs I managed, before the laptop battery died.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvYJGSX0WE3IkDJm...YjDft?e=0yL58O

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvYJGSX0WE3IkDFB...3ub3P?e=ydq0HM

Thanks as always for any input and advice!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumina VX View Post
    Back again.....excuse the tangent, but this may be handy for someone else - I decided to take a punt on a no-name Chinese full aluminium radiator via AliExpress, at 1/2 the price of a Mishimoto one here in the UK.

What turned up was one in a Worley box....which was my other choice after the Mishimoto one, in terms of cost. Via AliExpress, the Worley one was about ?80 cheaper than getting it from Worley on eBay and I didn't have any additional import duties.

Anyway, having driven the car for well over an hour, I'm happy so far - no coolant or trans fluid leaks, decent temperature management etc. It did need some 'tweaking' to fit. Main issue was the tapped mounts for the fan shroud. One hole was correctly tapped, one hole was too big and not tapped and the bottom ones on each side were slotted guides. Too small for the shroud tabs to slide in, so I cut them off and tapped the remaining bracket sections.

Now back to the original subject matter. Having written a modified bin file to the PCS, with the digital input 1 correctly set as the brake switch, I no longer have it sticking in 1st gear. I drove it for an hour or so, with plenty of stopping, starting, moving the shift lever from D to N to P and back, as well as stopping and starting the engine. The flaring from 4 to 5 is still present, but perhaps slightly improved. When I know it's going to change up, if I ease off the throttle pretty much completely, I can manage an acceptable change, mostly......

I'm attaching links for the two decent logs I managed, before the laptop battery died.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvYJGSX0WE3IkDJm...YjDft?e=0yL58O

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvYJGSX0WE3IkDFB...3ub3P?e=ydq0HM

Thanks as always for any input and advice!
    i neeeed heelp

I have my same car PCS 2650 6L80. Can you help me tune in?
    my engine is SBC 421 Prochargeer f1-95a 950hp