Hi all. New here.

I've got a 1998 Dodge Viper GTS that my tuner tuned using an RTD+ device that was connect to my laptop via USB. I'd send him datalogs of my car with the VCM suite and he'd send me back tunes via email and I'd download them and re-flash my computer via the RTD app on my computer

We never used the application that was available on my phone. I have an Iphone 8.

I'm trying to get my OBD RTD+ device to sync to my phone - so that I can datalog while using the TrackAddict app. For some reason - every time i try and use the datalog feature on the iphone App - it tries to "Grather vehicle information" and then it will display a message that says "Failed to Detect the vehicle's diagnostics protocol"

I've also tried connecting my OBD RTD+ device and opening track addict and choosing the channels i want to display - and every time it acts like it cannot connect my vehicle's computer via the OBD to the app. It just won't end up logging or showing any actual data

I reached out to my tuner and he said that they (HP Tuners) haven't added support for my PCM type yet in the RTD software. Do any of you have any insight to this or experienced any similar issues?

More information:
yes my phone's bluetooth recognizes the OBD device and connects. The flashing blue light turns into a flashing purple blue/red light. But once i go to datalog it will not function.