Thread: help with a ls1 that won't run after tune.

Potential Tuner

help with a ls1 that won't run after tune.

Hi
    I have been building an ls1 twin turbo for a while and it has been idling/running on a NA tuner locked file, all the way through the build. Long story short I don' t have that tune anymore since its locked and i can't read it, I started with a stock tune. After writing a tune and adjusting injector size up and down and playing with things i shouldn't, i can't get it to run. It fires here and there and sometimes sounds so close but doesn't idle. Is there something in the tune I am missing before I start pulling things part. 3bar SD tune with 650cc injectors. I appreciate any help ls1 turbo 650cc no maf.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Did you get it sorted ? What fuel pressure do u have ?

Potential Tuner
    I have 58-60psi on 1:1 fpr
    Still not running. I haven't had a chance to look at it this weekend.

If you have a 1:1 referenced regulator why do your injector tables have data set up for non-referenced/returnless?

What injectors are they? Did they come with data?

Never seen a MAP sensor that uses 305.00/10.33 for linear/offset.

Potential Tuner
    Because I don't really have a clue what I am doing. The injectors did come with data but I have been playing with the values to try and get it to start.
    When I changed to 3 bar sd it changed the map sensor settings. I don't have any other data to put there. It is a ac delco OEM P/N 12592525

You can get the correct linear/offset for the LSA MAP sensor from a stock tune file from the repository for a car that came with an LSA. I already know what the specs are, but you need to learn this. Take that part number, go to a parts site with a decent catalog. Look up what applications used that sensor. Then go to the repository and find a file for one of those listed vehicles. Look up the linear/offset in the stock file.

Injector data, like the MAP sensor specs, and cylinder volume, and firing order, is not a tuning aid. The specs for an injector are the specs for that injector.

What data did the injectors come with? All the necessary info for a GM PCM, or just flow rate? Is this data proprietary? Can you post the datasheet so someone can look to see if it all got entered correctly?

Potential Tuner
    Thanks guys. It was injector data. They didn't come with all the data. Minimum pulse and adder. It idles and runs now.
    Thanks again

Advanced Tuner
    There's still a lot of simple changes that need to be made to make your life simpler.

Did this car originally have a manual trans?

Post the latest tune file, and I'll modify several things that need addressed. You can pull it up as a compare file to see changes.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by village_idiot View Post
    There's still a lot of simple changes that need to be made to make your life simpler.

Did this car originally have a manual trans?

Post the latest tune file, and I'll modify several things that need addressed. You can pull it up as a compare file to see changes.
    Hi mate,
    Thanks for your help. No it was an auto originally now its t56.
    here is the tune now. it idles high 1500+rpm when rolling but once you come to a rest it dies down to normal idle.
    ls1 turbo 650cc 2.hpt

Tuner in Training
    I have a TKO behind my 5.3L swap and it was originally a 4L60. I'm using the factory PCM/OS from the 5.3L donor 04 Avalanche. My idle does the same thing as yours, hangs while rolling and doesn't drop until I come to a stop. I'm thinking it's the throttle follower (which I haven't messed with yet) so I'll be watching this to see what you come up with for a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimateMe View Post
    I have a TKO behind my 5.3L swap and it was originally a 4L60. I'm using the factory PCM/OS from the 5.3L donor 04 Avalanche. My idle does the same thing as yours, hangs while rolling and doesn't drop until I come to a stop. I'm thinking it's the throttle follower (which I haven't messed with yet) so I'll be watching this to see what you come up with for a fix.
    I have gone the other way from a M6 to a A4 using the segment swap feature and it worked perfectly.

Perhaps a segment swap is needed to go from A4 to M6??

Potential Tuner
    Thanks I'll give the segment swap a go see if it fixes the high idle while rolling.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimateMe View Post
    Those usually have a ton of timing in decel which causes a hanging idle.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Alvin. When I get to working on the hanging idle issue I'll start my own thread if I can't figure it out. I've only been working on dialing in the VE so far.