Thread: Need help with tune

Tuner in Training

Need help with tune

Hi,
    I have a lsa with 234/249 114 lobe centre. It's running an 0411 pcm to retain factory functions with the car. Pcm map has been converted to 3 bar. Had a horrible time getting it to idle now it does but not by the tutorials online the injector data is from a post on Here, but I feel like I'm missing something. I had to add fuel approx 25% to get it to idle , it's now not terrible but essentially won't increase revs unless very slow pedal input , anything remotely normal would case it to cut out, it's dbc and tps voltage was set to .51v , I know I'm doing something wrong but just want to get it close enough to get on trailer to go to dyno. Any help would be amazing.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Do you have a log?

Tuner in Training
    I couldn't send it before leaving the car, it was very basic log though only really just off idle. I spent a whole trying to log ve parameters and copying and pasting multiply by half but essentially the ve numbers in idle to 2400 were around 70 which feels too high. Although did seem to smooth it out a bit but I chose to stop rather than push a bad situation.

Injector data does not look anything like the results I get doing a manual conversion from a LSA file. What is your fuel pressure and what type fuel system?

Tuner in Training
    I'm wondering if the injector data is the issue too actually . Fuel system is STD lsa return less. Fuel pressure I'll report back shortly. Do you have any examples of your lsa data that would suit early 411 pcm?

Most everything is the same as P01.

2006 P59 - 58psi returnless 12598646.hpt

Tuner in Training
    58 psi steady

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Most everything is the same as P01.

2006 P59 - 58psi returnless 12598646.hpt

Made some progress with that Thankyou, it looks better to me but still pops And carries on trying to come off idle u less very very gentle With it. Would that be idle being too low? Or I'm still missing something.?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Wow, that's a lot of stuff changed. And some of it definitely not for the better - for example the MAP linear/offset is defined by the physical sensor, it's not a tuning aid. The LSA sensor is 312.50/-11.25 no matter what it's used on.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Wow, that's a lot of stuff changed. And some of it definitely not for the better - for example the MAP linear/offset is defined by the physical sensor, it's not a tuning aid. The LSA sensor is 312.50/-11.25 no matter what it's used on.
    OK great thankyou I'll change that back, I just wasn't sure on the original file so went with new one, anything else stand out as incorrect?

With so many things changed just from one day's file to the next day's, and not knowing anything about the combo other than it's some type of LS with a LSA blower, I wouldn't know where to begin. I don't know that anybody would. I have no idea whether any particular thing was right before, or now.

Tuner in Training
    The combo is mentioned in original post it's a crate lsa with the cam mentioned above running a 411 (gen 3) pcm

What's the cylinder volume for a 6.2L? Why did 'Engine Type' change from OHV 6.0 to OHV 5.7? How is the 24x/1x PCM running a 'crate LSA' that comes as 58x/4x? This is a mess.

Tuner in Training
    All of the base files I found for 411 pcm were still at 5.7 so I chose to go back to that . It runs a conversion box to go from 54x and 4x cam to 24/1 to allow all factory systems in the car to run

Tuner in Training
    Oh and I'd seen another file recently where a ls1 was stroked to 6.2 but the configuration was left as 5.7 and had no issues tuning so I assumed (dangerous I know) after seeing a 2 bar 411 lsa map being the same that it was ok to leave it. I had originally changed it from 5.7 to 6.2 hoping that it may help the idle. Happy to change it back though if you think it's needed

Advanced Tuner
    The Engine Type is not the issue, 5.7L or whatever helps identify but doesn't do anything, now the Size > Cylinder Volume IS important and ECM uses that in the calculations.
    0.77499 is a 6.2L volume and should be used.

Cool! Did you use the TRG-002 converter or do you Aussies have another one?

Stay tuned..

Tuner in Training
    Yep that's what I used trg-002