Thread: 2019 Silverado TCM unlock.

Advanced Tuner

2019 Silverado TCM unlock.

Guys I have a 2019 8 speed that I change wheels and would like to adjust the shift points and lockup on converter. My question is, can I just order the unlock TCM and tune it? Or I would have to do the engine computer as well?

Advanced Tuner
    Is it a new body style Silverado? If so, its not supported at all (T93).

Advanced Tuner
    Yes 2019 8 speed and it has the start/stop.
    How can I fix the speedometer of my truck? I got bigger wheels and shift points act weird.

Advanced Tuner
    Some people have been able to retrofit a T87A in place of a T93, but I don't know if anybody's pulled that off on the full size trucks. Aside from that, there are speedo recalibration modules out there that plug in between the harness and the instrument cluster to correct the speedometer, but you're out of luck on changing shifting characteristics if you can't do a T87A swap. Good luck with it

Senior Tuner
    Do a search on the Pulsar LT. It will allow you to calibrate the trans for the larger tires.

two ways around this issue I have done both of them. One t87 from an earlier vehicle BUT you have to change the valve body also from the same early this will work I have done it more then once on cars.OR houston house of power will sell you a modified tcm that works with that same stock valve body I have done this more so then the other as it wasnt around when first tried to get around the issue. Its 900 bucks I believe so a around the same cost but less labor. I am doing a 2020 gmc now and we just put one in that. By the way you cannot turn off start stop. Unplug the battery sensor and turn off the fault codes cures this problem.
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150