Thread: misfire and tcc

misfire and tcc

I have a tread started in the transmission forum. But I think this is a question more fit to be here. What I have is a customer's car that won't lock the torque converter. I have checked everything out I thought. Tonight, when I was trying to figure it out, I put the tcc flags in the scanner and the tcc misfire off turns to yes when I start the engine. I was happy to finely find something that was keeping the tcc from working. But as far as I know I have maxed the misfire tables out. Thought I would post the tune and hope someone could educate me on what I must be missing. Also, just to let you know this car does have a loopy cam.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Is it throwing a P0300 DTC? Try changing the Max temp for misfire detection to -20 and change P0300 to No Error Reported.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    Is it throwing a P0300 DTC? Try changing the Max temp for misfire detection to -20 and change P0300 to No Error Reported.
    Thanks for looking. I just tried exactly what you said but no change. I wasn't getting a dtc for a misfire, but I changed that to no error. Could this car need a crank relearn? This car is reporting misfires from tables we don't have.

I played with the car again tonight. When I start the car the tcc misfire off flag goes to yes when the misfire cycle delay reads 4. I really hoped that someone had run up against this. I have stared at this tune looking for something. I am getting no dtc. The misfire tables are all maxxed out. So, I don't know why the tcc is seeing misfires and I am not sure what misfire cycle delay is.

Well I am at my wits end. I have pulled this ecm from this car a put it in a mostly stock 2000 corvette and only changed the injector tables and airflow tables so it would start. So, to check if something in the tune was causing the problem. It started and the tcc misfire bit stayed on no. So, the ecu is not a problem. On a last resort I thought of installing another p01 ecu to just control the transmission. But, in order to do that I would need to give it the same crank signal and if it is messing with the original ecu it will probably do the same thing to the p01 for the transmission. I have had some routy cams and never had a problem like this. Usually just turning off the misfire table is all you have to do. Just hoping someone can help.
    Thanks for looking.

Senior Tuner
    When you get a chance, try this file and see if it makes the TCC work.

8-8-22 corvette torque converter KW MOD.hpt