Thread: 408 TPS Issue log and tune attached.

408 TPS Issue log and tune attached.

Can someone shed some light for me on this issue. I've gone through 3 TPS sensors slotted and no matter how I set it it surges around. It was fine on original TPS sensor until I gave it to a friend to use while the car was down. Setup is an E85 rec port 408, TH400 RMVB, with ls3 intake and 92mm throttle body. I'm sure i've just overlooked something out of frustration. Ignore the wideband it needs recalibrated.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 99CamaroSS; 08-10-2022 at 09:46 AM.

Senior Tuner
    You can try wrapping tape around the shaft that drives the TPS. Also make sure there is no slop in the throttle body. Once you get the voltage relable.. relearn zero TPS.. A PCM write entire works. battery disconnect works sometimes.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    It looks like B2S1 stops responding for a while. It seems to just sit in the 900ish mv range. I'm not saying this is the problem ive just been burned by o2s in the past and exhaust leaks before the o2s. Does it idle okay when its cold

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    You can try wrapping tape around the shaft that drives the TPS. Also make sure there is no slop in the throttle body. Once you get the voltage relable.. relearn zero TPS.. A PCM write entire works. battery disconnect works sometimes.
    tps is tight just doesn't want to zero perfect. I'll attach a new log and tune shortly. Never had one fight me like this one. lol

Senior Tuner
    If that is the case it is a bad sensor or the throttle body is coming to different stops.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Here is the latest startup and tune. It zeros and then as soon as I start it it hits 2.4% and idles super lean. FP is 58lbs.today start.hplJosh 408 Startup Test.hpt

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 99CamaroSS View Post
    Here is the latest startup and tune. It zeros and then as soon as I start it it hits 2.4% and idles super lean. FP is 58lbs.today start.hplJosh 408 Startup Test.hpt
    Your going to have to fix that inconsistent throttle stop/tps.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com

Advanced Tuner
    MAP sensor is reading 10kPa?

Set Main Advance tables to 18* from 0.08-0.36 g/s and 400-1400rpm until this is sorted out. Your airmass is jumping your timing all over the place and the Over/under tables are not active because the TPS% is above the 1.6% limit for idle routine.

TPS% have you taken it off the intake and seen what it reports? Disconnected, Move set screw and see if TPS% and Voltage moves down.

Your IAC count is too high anyway at 150+ count for idle and need to adjust the setscrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondaeater View Post
    MAP sensor is reading 10kPa?

Set Main Advance tables to 18* from 0.08-0.36 g/s and 400-1400rpm until this is sorted out. Your airmass is jumping your timing all over the place and the Over/under tables are not active because the TPS% is above the 1.6% limit for idle routine.

TPS% have you taken it off the intake and seen what it reports? Disconnected, Move set screw and see if TPS% and Voltage moves down.

Your IAC count is too high anyway at 150+ count for idle and need to adjust the setscrew.
    Thanks for the help guys. Sometimes getting up early at 3am to change your fuel rails isn't a good idea and you forget to plug in the map sensor