Thread: Seeking Hummer H3 info

Potential Tuner

Seeking Hummer H3 info

Hi everyone! New to this side of things. Just literally hung up the phone less than 5 min ago from ordering my new HP Tuners w/6 credits as that was the only way I could find it available to ship on short notice.

Anyways I do automotive locksmith work and a hybrid of automotive diagnostics, programming when needed.

Have a customer with a '06 Hummer H3. Vehicle hasn't ran for a few weeks

Prior to this issue they had bought it at auction and when I say they I mean the used car lot. So that should tell you also this was somebody else's problem. When they bought it the thing would run sometimes and then shut off and not run at other times.

They threw a fuel pump at it thinking it was that then had the place replace the fuel pump as I found out later from the pace that replaced the fuel pump the customer AKA car lot had brought a used fuel pump in which that's typical Car Lot stuff.

Another locksmith had looked at this for this issue and couldn't find anything.

I scanned and found a B1000 & B1009. We tried swapping and also programming thru Acdelcotds a used BCM with no luck and only winding up with more codes.

Put the original BCM back and amount of codes reduced to the two bcm codes again.

Contacted customer and they want it to run. After checking with another shop and them referring me to a tuner who now won't answer his messages (pry busy) I did further checking and found the Passlock can be turned off in the ECM.

My question is with the BCM codes and the vehicle not running as the BCM codes are part of the verification of security to start if I hookup to the hummer with HP Tuners and turn the Passlock off should under ideal conditions I still be able to start it being we will have disabled the Passlock in the ECM ?

Is there something more tune wise, BCM, etc that I will need to do before we can revive this Hummer?

Sorry such a noob question but to be the only dumb question is the question you don't ask as I was taught long ago.

Would rather be a hit with this as I've got alot at stake.

IF there's any HP Tuners tutorial videos you all recommend for this I'd gladly welcome those.

Had I found someone to even remotely remove the Passlock over the WEB I would've possibly did it had I been able to verify their credentials as you can't just trust anyone.

I don't fully understand the reason two credits are needed for one vehicle such as doing a disable in the ECM. Can someone please explain why two instead of one is needed?

Hopefully there's much more to be learned here.

HP Tuners can't do anything with the BCM, so you'd be hoping that turning off the VATS on just the PCM does the trick.

Looks like the 5 cylinder trucks have the VATS control under the systems tab.

The 2 credits is just what it is, no way around it. It's been 2 credits for nearly all vehicles for the past 15+ years. Though many newer vehicles can cost 4 credits or more because they are more complex and the cost to tune them is higher because of it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.