Thread: Changes required for TBSS intake and LS3 TB on Gen3 5.3

Changes required for TBSS intake and LS3 TB on Gen3 5.3

Still learning Engine changed from 4.8 to 5.3 , 10.0 to1 , 222/[email protected], 112LSA,TrailblazerSS intake with Ls3 90mm TB DBW p59ecm, Using Xlink adapter
    Cold air intake, Have made changes to Base idle airflow as well as Maf ,Desired idle,throttle follower, ETC scalar,
    Stalling when throttle released, unstable idle, Looks like spark is trying to stabilize idle quite a bit.
    If anyone wants to have a look at where I am at so far I would appreciate it Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by RicksPerf; 08-09-2022 at 08:10 PM.

Need the correct injector data, and set up for the fuel system type, before anything else. Your IFR & Offset tables are for two different fuel system types (referenced/return vs non-referenced/returnless). And if these are the stock 'TBSS' injectors, they're not 31lb @ 0"vac.

Oh ya I bumped up the injector flow rate to 31 from 30 just to see what happened. I'll dig up the data for the injectors. They came with the Intake
    from a stock Trailblazer SS. I look at the IFR and offset tables. Thanks

Still looking for the TBSS injector flow rate charts. This is set up for a return type fuel system. Looked at a stock TBSS tune and the IFR is in Delta kpa
    while the 5.3 gen3 is in kpa vacumn. Not sure how to convert .

2007-up TBSS are E67 which is a goofy format. 2005-2006 however are E40, which has very similar injector tables. The injector part numbers are the same for all of them. 6.0 TBSS and 5.3 non-SS also all use the same injectors.

Return-type, with a vacuum reference hose to the reg? Then you'll use only the 0 kPa column from both the IFR and Offset tables, all the way across. If it's a return regulator but without the vacuum it works the same as a returnless system with the reg in the tank - fuel pressure does not change as manifold pressure changes.

Yes Just using the filter regulator style . should be 58 psi constant. Will check out the 05-06 files Thanks